Quirkless (Episode 1)

Doctor: You can't become a hero.

Pitch black

Then a ray of light and a sound

?: A survivor! Hang in there kid! Don't worry because I'm here!

A large piece of debris is thrown to the side revealing sunlight and a figure with their hand out stretched.

The hand was taken before everything went black.

Akira woke up in the hospital covered in bandages.

He cried out: MOM?! DAD?!

The nurses rushed in to comfort the young boy and tell him the unfortunate news.

He screamed crying his heart out.

He remembered what his parents told him when they found out he was quirkless.

Mother and father: We're sorry Akira.

He then remembered their final words being the same thing.

He collapsed from the pain.

Then a laugh in the void.

?: Quirkless? Good we'll crush them all without one!

Akira jumped out of bed every night with the same nightmare of a voice like that speaking to him.

A couple weeks later Akira was busy staring at the ceiling when a nurse knocked letting herself in.

Nurse: Hello Akira, you have a visitor today. Rumi here was the one who saved you.

Akira turned to see a high school girl with bunny ears walk inside the room.

Rumi: Hi kiddo, how you holding up.

Akira bowed his head at her but he felt tears leaving his eyes.

He was choked up and he couldn't speak.

The young hero in training walked over and sat on Akita's bed as she hugged the young boy.

She began to tear up: I'm sorry I couldn't save your folks! I'm sorry I couldn't do more!

The two held each other crying.

After they both felt better Akira thanked her for saving him.

Rumi: I hear your parents were great hero's, they'd be proud of you knowing your still fighting. A little hero like your folks huh.

Akira clenched his bed sheets tightly

Akira crying again: Miss Rumi I cant be a hero, I don't have a quirk. I'm not strong like they were, I'm no one.

Rumi then hit Akira in the head

Akira: OWW!!!

Rumi grabbed the little boy by the collar.

Rumi: DON'T YOU DARE SAY THAT! SO WHAT YOUR QUIRKLESS YOU CAN BE A HERO! YOU HAVE TO WORK INSANELY HARD BUT YOU CAN DO IT SO DON'T YOU DARE GIVE UP AND MAKE YOUR FOLKS SAD LIKE THAT!

Rumi let go of his collar and took a deep breathe

Rumi: Listen Akira life and fate will do its best to mess with you, but no matter what you have to live how you choose and twist fate with your own hands.

Rumi: All hero's face challenges, pain, hardship and failure. Some hero's don't have impressive quirks yet they can become powerful and strong hero's as long as they work for it. You could sit here and accept that you can't be a hero because your quirkless or you could fight and become a great hero and prove them all wrong!

You can become a hero.

Akira began to cry again but this time tears of happiness to hear those words.

Akira wiping away his tears: I will, I'll become a great hero and I won't make mom and dad worry!

Rumi smiling : That's the spirit kid.

The two hugged.

After that day the nightmares with the voice stopped completely. Rumi had saved Akira completely.

Rumi would return to visit Akira occasionally.

During one these time she took Akira on her shoulders and jumped up to the roof of the building where they both sat with their feet near the edge.

Rumi: So your going to be living at the orphanage now?

Akira: Yes, I'm kinda nervous.

Rumi patting him on the head: Don't be. Your going to make so many friends and even anew family.

Akira: Will you still visit me Miss Rumi?

Rumi: Sure, whenever I have the time we can hang out.

Akira and Rumi watched the sun set

Akira: Miss Rumi What kind of hero do you want to be?

Rumi smiled: I want to be a strong hero who can life her life like there's no tomorrow. I want to live without regrets so when it's my time to check out I'll be ready.

Akira looked at her with amazement: I want to be a hero like that too!

Rumi smiling: Looks like we're rivals then! Become a amazing hero one day so neither of us lives with regrets!

Akira smiling: I WILL! I'LL BECOME THE GREATEST HERO!

Rumi: it's a promise then, we'll both become great hero's.

She extended her pinkie and Akira extended his as they both pinkie promised.

11 years passed and a 15 year old Akira ran forward.

Friends seeing Akira pass by: You think he has a chance?

?: he has been training his body and mind like crazy since he was a kid maybe.

?: no chance.

?: do your best Akira!

Akira ran through the streets over puddles with his green and white sneakers.

He ran up trash cans and then a fire escape using parkour and then he ran from rooftop to rooftop as he continued to his destination U.A.

As he finally got to the campus grounds for the test he got a text.

Akira checked his phone seeing a message from Rumi.

Rumi: Good luck on the test Kid! Remember our promise!

Akira texted back: I'll give it my all and become a great hero! If I pass please go out with me!

Akira was nervous but he managed to press the send button.

Akira inner mind: I WILL PASS THIS TEST NO MATTER WHAT!

Present mic: Right let's start! Get moving! There are no count downs in real battles! Run run run listeners, your wasting air time!

Akira ran as soon as he heard start with a smile on his face.

He ran full speed at a one point robot dodging it swing and then jumping on its back.

He clawed at it before smashing his fist down it's red eye.

He pulled out wiring and machinery and his robot began swinging and moving wildly.

Akira put his arms around the robots neck and rode his robot like a bull as it began charging attacking other robots.

?: ANNOYING DIE!

Akira scared: Die?

A massive explosion hit him blowing up his robot and sending him flying up in the air incredibly fast.

Akira: AAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!