Chapter 9

Ella's POV

I was decided to avoid Tony for the time being. I would just hang out with Steve and my son and sometimes the others as well, but I wanted Tony to talk to me. Of course he was oblivious and didnt know what is going on.

"Hey Ella, Can I ask you something?" Steve asks.

"Sure. Whats up?" I ask.

"Would you like to hang out tonight? You know around the city." He says nervously.

"Cap, are you asking me out on a date?" I ask.

"Well maybe a date or a friend thing? Whatever you want to call it." He says.

"Sure Steve. I'd like that, but I dont know who will watch Liam. Everyone else is on missions." I say.

"Not everyone." He says.

"Yeah I know. So when is this date or friend thing?" I ask.

"Tonight." He says.

"Okay. I'll go talk to Tony. If he doesnt want to watch Liam then a rain check." I say.

"Or we could take him with us." He says.

"Great. I'll see you later. When Liam wakes up can you tell him I'll see him soon." I say.

"Sure thing." He says.

I tapped his shoulder and then went to Tony's lab. There he was working on god knows what.

"Stark, I was wondering can you watch Liam tonight?" I ask.

"Get Steve to do it." Tony says.

"Yeah. I cant. He is the one Im going out with." I say.

"Excuse me? You have a date with Cap and I have to babysit your kid?" He asks.

"You dont have too. I was just asking if you would. If not Steve and I will take him with us." I say.

Whatever I just said Tony did not like it he looked angry. I dont know why, but he's pissed.

"You want me to watch your kid or you take him with you. Dont you think you and Liam have spent enough time with Cap lately? What about me? Huh?" He asks.

"What about you? You have been a jerk lately. You know Liam thinks you hate him. He thinks you dont care about him anymore. That crushed me so I decided to not talk to you until you wanted to see what was wrong, but you didnt even see it. Tony I dont know why your being an ass, but your hurting Liam and I cant watch that. You know how much you mean to that little boy." I say.

I went to walk away when Tony grabbed my arm and made me face him.

"Hey I love your son you know I do. He was the one who is choosing Cap over me." He says.

"What are you a child? Tony this isnt about you this is about Liam. You know what forget I asked. I'll take Liam with me. Steve wont mind he actually enjoys being around Liam." I say and remove myself from his grip.

I walked out of the lab and I went back to my floor and Liam ran over to me and hugged me.

"You okay Doll?" Steve asks.

"Yeah. Tony was being a pain as always. So Steve you dont mind do you?" I ask.

"Not at all. Liam would you like to join me and your mommy around the city?" He asks.

"Yeah. Sounds fun." Liam says.

I got Liam dressed and then myself and we went to meet Steve. Steve took us around the city and we were just having a fun time. Liam adored being with Steve and Steve was a good person for Liam to have around. We were at the park and Liam was running a head of us, but not that far.