Chapter 2: Flashback

Antarctica stepped out of the plane at America's house, and they went inside. They sat on the couch, and America gave Antarctica and Canada a video game controller. He showed her how to control the character, and Canada switched the game on.

America went through combos, but Canada's character was beating the virtual crap out of America's. By the time he finally looked at the screen, his jaw dropped. His character only had half health. He snatched his controller and Canada smirked as they started beating the virtual crap out of each other.

Antarctica got the hang of it fairly quickly, and beat the virtuality out of both of them. The game was then turned off, and America turned to her.

"Alright, all those moves are real, kay? But, you need to ba able to do them in reality. I'll call some people." America whipped out his phone, dialed some numbers, and hung up with a click.

He popped out a cheeseburger out of nowhere, and took a bite. Canada gave him a 'what's wrong with you' look, and America tilted his head. Antarctica turned around to see Canada flipping him off, face palming, and America jumped over her shoulder and tackled him.

She was left wondering what just happened, trying to piece together the randomness that happened when she woke up. The two wrestling countries broke apart when a doorbell sounded and America bolted off the floor.

Canada sat back on the couch next to her, and smiled. "The sad part is, we're your brothers." He looked up at her, purple eyes shining. When she tilted her head, he continued. "Well, your brother is England, right? And America's his brother, and I am America's. So technically we're siblings, eh?" He smiled again and they laughed, and heard a scream.

Antarctica turned to see a group of people walking into the room. "Hey, guys, Antarctica I want you to meet Prussia, his bro Germany, Spain, France, Romano, his bro Italy, China and Japan!" China, Italy, and Spain rushed over to her and petted her head.

"So adorable, aru!"

"Si!"

"Ve~" she dashed behind Canada, who giggled.

"They like cuteness." Canada smiled. She peeked out behind him, and saw them tilting their heads. Romano slapped Italy and Spain in the head, and Japan almost face palmed at the older Asian country's craziness.

Antarctica blinked, and next thing she was outside in America's back yard. The rest sat on benches and porch swings, leaving America and Antarctica on the grass.

"Alright, dudette. Let's see whatcha got!" He charged, and she jumped out of the way and tripped him. Before he could scramble to his feet, she kicked him. He caught her foot and dragged her down, pinning her to the grass. He smirked.

"I HAVE DEFEATED THE VILLAIN!! I'M THE HERO!!!!" He stood on his knees, still pinning her but fist pumped the air.

Hey, Antarctica, punch him in the gut and roll out. You know what to do~ A sweet girl voice cooed in her ear, but it sounded more like it was inside her head. She did as instructed, punching America in his gut as hard as she could in that position, but it was enough to cause pain to the country.

He toppled over and she pinned him down, and held her hands across his throat. She put some of her weight on it, making him struggle for air. She froze, as her vision went white.

Then, she was in a meadow, and saw herself pinning someone down and choking them. By the looks of the world, this was around 4,000 years ago. She couldn't move, but saw her younger self with the struggling body.

The body was smaller, and was crying out to let it up.

"Let me up! Let me up!" It cried. Her younger self gave in and stood, helping the little child up.

"You know how to fight, now?" They were both very small, but herself was bigger still than the little chibi.

"Yes, aru. I will be the best empire ever!!" She looked on in awe, she didn't remember meeting China anytime before that day, but apparently thousands of years ago, she had. Her younger self hugged the little ponytailed chibi and his way too big uniform dropped when she picked him up.

"You'll be an awesome empire. Don't let anyone take it away from you." She hugged him, set him down, and left.

Her vision went blurry again, and she blinked back to reality, an American slowly ceasing to struggle under her. She jumped and let him up, his cheeks turning from pale white to bright red.

"What........ The hell........ Dudette......." He choked out, as Canada brought him water. They sat on a swing, and she sat across from China. "You...... Zoned....... Left........ Me hangin....... W-what happened?" He looked at her, and she froze.

"Are you okay, aru?" China held out a hand to her, and she snapped her head back to reality and looked up at him through narrowed eyes.

"What? What did I do, aru?" He jumped back. Her eyes teared up, and he jumped back, catching himself before falling off the swing. "AIYAAH!!!!" Antarctica sighed and wiped her eyes. Japan had slapped China, for some reason he was still sitting next to him.

"I knew you, when you were a new empire. I understand if you don't remember." She said, whispering in his ear as she got up and went inside.

The countries looked at China, still rubbing his head, but he realized something. He stood and followed. She was sitting on America's sofa when he came in, and he sat next to her.

"You were getting so weak, aru. I thought you died, aru. But you were right." He was on the verge of tears, but smirked at the last part.

"What?"

"I am an awesome empire, aru. I've lasted this long, aru." China smiled.

She hugged him. "It's good to know I still have a friend from before I fell asleep." He hugged her back, and they walked outside. They sat back on the swings, and America had caught his breath.

"So, who are you gonna choke to death next?" America asked. Antarctica shrugged.

"I have to learn, not straight up fight." Prussia stood and walked over. He stood on a table in the middle of everyone and held his arms out.

"Zhe awesome me vill give jou all a fighting lezzon! Follow me!" Everyone followed Prussia to the grass, and stretched. They mimicked Prussia and learned German fighting tactics that Germany whacked him multiple times for teaching them.

They partnered up, and Antarctica was stuck practicing with Italy, whom of which flinched and cowered every time she held up a hand. Or stepped back. Or breathed. She sighed and sat on the ground, and stroked his back.

"How the hell are you still alive?" She murmured. She didn't expect him to hear, but he gave a small shrug.