Chapter 5: Waiting The Storm, Part 1

Antarctica woke, and stretched. They've been cooped up in her huge house for what seemed like forever, but was only a few weeks America's time. She looked out the window, snow swirling around the darkness, lit up by the Aurora.

She heard a piano, and walked down the hall to the stairs. She found Austria in a second living room downstairs, where a piano was set up. She listened for a while, and when she turned she rammed into Italy.

"Oh, sorry, you okay?" They stood and he smiled.

"I'm-a fine. You like Mr Austria's music?"

"Yeah, he's pretty good." Italy smiled.

"Ve~ when I was-a little he played all the time!" Italy took her down to the main living room, and opened the huge windows behind the couches revealing the blizzard. Pale light flowed into the room, and the lights of the Aurora borealis danced.

"This wourd be a wonderfur picture!" She turned to see a happy Japan snapping a few pictures of the windows. He set his camera back in his room, and sat with them on the couch. They faced the empty couch and window, and listened to the storm and piano.

It was six hours since everyone went to sleep, so the three sat for another two hours before Italy ran through the house waking everyone up for a pasta breakfast. They showered and sat at the table.

Italy slid bowls of plain pasta and bowls of different sauces along the table, and Canada tilted his head. Antarctica smiled and snuck up behind him, pouring maple syrup on the pasta from above his head. He smiled wide and when she left he dug in.

When they finished, all the bowls were empty and Italy and Romano washed them. Austria called the day's activities, so everyone gathered around the piano and played their native music.

America's gave most a headache, and Japan's was pretty cool. They tried to get Germany and Prussia to do a rap duet, but it didn't end well. Prussia ended up on the floor laughing when Germany tripped over America's foot, who was also on the floor laughing.

Antarctica and Canada played the piano, and France did a weird duet song like fighting, but in song, with England. Japan caught everything on camera and video, and China laughed when France messed up. England fell laughing, and America tripped Austria when he raged about them out of key.

Russia was just sitting there like 'this is fun'. Everyone else, being crazy. Sealand and Wy had snuck away to the main room to play video games, and the day of music soon ended by America's dinner call.

He served up a huge dinner, burgers and deer steaks, literally everything. Italy finished his food, along with America and his fourths and counting. Everyone else barely finished their plates.

Antarctica flew upstairs and collapsed on her bed.

When she woke, she was being poked by France. "Shoo." She rolled over. He kept poking her back. "Shoo." She rolled over again, and France had to lean over to poke her again on the stomach. "Shoo." She rolled again and fell off the bed.

She rolled under the bed, and fell asleep again.

She woke up, and was under the bed. She rolled out, and stood. She walked downstairs, and found Romano passed out on the couch. Spain walked into the room and stood next to her. "I'm bored." He murmured. His eyes lit up when he saw Romano.

"Roma~ hey." He turned to Antarctica. "Let's prank him, si?" She shrugged and nodded, and they picked him up. They carried him to Germany's room and rolled him under the bed before sneaking out.

Italy was looking for him, but Spain said they were pranking him. He told Italy what it was, and he laughed. Italy hid a camera, and turned it on. They watched the screen from Japan's room, from whom they borrowed sed camera.

The four watched the screen for an hour, until Romano woke up. He screamed, and Germany jumped. "Vat zhe hell?-" he got out of bed and looked around, and Romano rolled out from under the bed and stood. Germany turned around, and Romano finally realized what the hell happened.

Romano spat out a string of cuss words, Spanish, English, and Italian. The four kept from laughing, and Germany turned red. They had two tomato colored people having a shouting match. America and England burst in, France and Prussia following. Antarctica looked at them, and blinked.

"If we don't go they'll get suspicious of us." They nodded and calmed down, putting the laptop under the bed again. They stepped into the room, louder in person. They tore the two apart, Italy freaking out. Prussia laughed his butt off, Canada trying not to laugh.

France made weird suggestions as to what Romano was doing in Germany's room, and Spain made it worse by teasing Romano with it.

Germany stormed out of the room, followed by his brother and Japan. America and England left, leaving Romano, France, Canada, Spain, Italy and Antarctica in the room. Canada snuck away, and the rest sighed.

"Well, goodnight." France waved off, and left. The four left slowly dissolving out of the room. A while later, Antarctica found Canada on the sofa.

"Hey, can't sleep?" She sat next to him and he sighed.

"Eh. Not really." He laid his head back. "You know, I love it here, but I miss home. I wonder what's going on back home?"

"Yeah, but we have to keep you guys safe. The 2ps might come back."

"We've dealt with them before, though."

"But America said that my 2p has more anger and strength built up. She is really scary."

"I get that, but what does it have to do with us?"

"She'll do anything to get to me. She'll hurt you guys."

"Eh, okay. Night." Canada stood and went back to his room. Antarctica sighed, and went to the window sofa. She watched the storm and lights, and fell asleep.