Chapter 13 - "Have you sworn to yourself that you're never gonna listen to me"

Recap: Riddhima's nightmare of her breakup with Armaan. Armaan and Riddhima patch up. Armaan consoles Riddhima. The intern gang hangs out with Riddhima. Armaan reassures Riddhima. They share a passionate moment. A new doctor in Sanjeevni.

Chapter 13

The next morning, the interns were high on their heels because of a new trauma case that came in

The next morning, the interns were high on their heels because of a new trauma case that came in. A wedding bus had crashed and many were injured. The ER was bustling with panicked victims, doctors, and nurses who were trying to assist them. The senior doctors had gathered in the conference room near the ER to discuss the casualties while the interns and residents handled the ER with the help of nurses. The new orthopedic doctor, Abhimanyu Modi, had also joined the same fatal morning.

"Doctors, we have 2 fatalities and 35 casualties. This is not going to be easy considering some of them have extensive injuries and some of them are suffering through trauma. We need the involvement of the Cardiology, Neurology, Pediatrics, OB-GYN, Ortho departments that means department heads - Dr. Mallik, Dr. Joshi, Dr. Patel, Dr. Singh and Dr. Modi." Kriti handed out files with patients' information to the doctors walking around the oval table.

"Dr Modi, we didn't expect that you will be getting such a chaotic welcome but what's better than this to prove your talent! Welcome on board," Kriti spoke formally, giving him a nod and a smile.

"Thank you, Doctors! Actually, Dr. Mehra, I love challenges! So this is a perfect welcome for me!" Abhimanyu smirked, making Armaan roll his eyes. Something was off about this guy, and Armaan could sense it. He really didn't give off a nice vibe. There was a serious situation in the hospital and he couldn't help but be cocky. Such a show-off, Armaan scoffed mentally.

The department heads ran off to treat the incoming patients. The ER was chaos where the interns were trying their best to deal with mourning and weary patients. There weren't any fatal injuries but the bus driver and the groom's father were injured the most.

"59 years old, male, complaining of extreme chest pain..." The father of the groom was wheeled into the ER with the paramedic giving the details to the residents and the interns. "Dr. Mallik, Dr. Modi, you guys are on this one!" Armaan mentally groaned and cursed his fate. So much for cursing this new colleague of his.

"So my plan is to proceed with tests first to see what exactly is the problem-" Abhimanyu said, fixing his glasses and grabbing the chart from Armaan much to his annoyance. He immediately cut him off.

"Glad we're on the same page!" Armaan exclaimed, making Abhimanyu look at him with a stern look. His cocky side was replaced with a grim look. The man had noticed Armaan's look towards him and immediately knew this man wouldn't be getting along with him.

Armaan rolled his eyes and grabbed the patient's wrist to check his pulse, his eyes his watch whereas their interns summarized the major details of the patient, which were also on the chart that was in Abhimanyu's hands. He nodded hearing the interns and said "We should go ahead with an MRI for his legs-"