Scar Worship

Nagito traced the round circle of scar tissue surrounding where his belly button should be. White lines occasionally jutted off of the sides from where his skin had torn. He sighed, placing his palm over it in an attempt to save his own eyes from his ugly skin.

This wasn't the only scar on his body. He also had a variety on his wrist and thighs, and would've most likely had one in the centre of his left hand if it were still there.

Komaeda stood in one of the many male bathrooms of the giant cruise he now lived on with the other recovered students. This bathroom was one near the back of the ship, meaning it was hardly ever used and weirdly clean. Here he could get his privacy.

"Gross." He muttered under his breath, sighing again immediately afterwards.

"What's gross?" He heard a blunt voice ask. Komaeda whipped his head around to the door leading out of the toilets.

"Hinata-kun! What are you doing here!" Nagito swiftly and sharply pulled his slightly oversized t-shirt back over his stomach, his face flaring up in embarrment.

"The daily check up in everyone, duh," Hinata rolled his eyes and stepped into the blue- themed bathroom. "And what were you calling gross?"

He hesitated to respond: this wasnt the first time Hinata had caught Nagito in a bout of self loathing, and frankly he always got annoyed. A majority of Nagito's classmates had scars, whether they were effects from the Neo World Program or from when they were remnants.

"Take a wild guess." Nagito rolled his eyes sarcastically. He knew his scars were some of the worst of the group,  excluding Peko and Nekomaru, who respectively had worse injuries and "deaths" than anyone.

Hajime groaned in annoyance. "At lest yours can be hidden easily!" Hajime pushed up his, now longer, fringe. "I gotta deal with this!"

Nagito appreciated his efforts of humour, but jokes like that didn't really make him feel better. He watched Hajime remove his hand from his forehead and trace the loop around his scalp in which his long scar was. The only reason it wasn't visible was due to Hajime cutting his previously long hair down to a slightly overgrown version of what it used to be, and due to hair not growing on scar tissue, he had to cover it with the hair that grew above it. "That just makes me feel worse..."

Nagito pensively bit his right thumb nail, his fake left arm holding it up. Hajime approached the pale boy ans got on his knees, lifting Nagito's shirt.

"Hajime! What the hell are you doing!" Nagito would've stepped back if it weren't for Hajime's now iron-tight grip on his left hip; his right arm holding uo the shirt.

"Look, they really aren't that bad!" Hajime removed his right arm from Nagito's hip and slightly caressed the white scar. "I find it cooler than mine."

Despite the slight backhanded compliment, Nagito still pulled away, his breathing rushed. "That- that-!"

"That what? Did I say something wrong?" Hajime was still on his knees, looking up and the stressed Nagito. "If I did, I'm sorry."

"That is not the issue!" Nagito was absolutely flabbergasted at how oblivious this so called "Ultimate hope" could be.

"Then what is the issue?"

"The fact that you got on your knees and started stroking my lower stomach!" Nagito could see the cogs turing in Hajime's head. "God, sometimes I think those experiments were in vain..."

Hajime was still thinking about it, so Nagito gave him one extra, blatent obvious push. "Do you... do you seriously not understand how sexual that is? Especially after everything that happened on the island..!"