overthinking

chapter eleven
overthinking

MILES AND  y/n were lounging on the couch as flora played with her dolls on the creaky wood floor when kate entered the room. mrs. grose folded laundry at the other end of the room. "so, i was thinking maybe we could go out to town and buy a new koi fish!" she smiled looking around the room. mrs. grose looked at flora sharply.

"yeah i think that could be fun!" miles agreed. y/n sunk deeper into the couch, using miles to hide behind. "you know flora does not leave the estate, y/n is also not allowed to leave my supervision." mrs. grose looked at the girls, nodding when they seemed slightly relieved at her words.

"aww c'mon it'll be fine! besides, we all need a little fresh air." kate frowned. "yeah! want me to ask my special friend if everything will be alright?" miles asked flora, when she nodded enthusiastically miles stood up and looked at the old mirror by the window. "will flora, y/n, and i be okay if we go out? oh we will! wonderful! see he said everything will be fine." flora hugged miles' knee, "even kate?" she asked looking up at miles. miles sighed before saying, "even kate? he said even kate." as flora cheered and kate smiled. "he also said your tattoo is hot" miles smirked, winking at kate before he left the room. y/n stood up abruptly, pushing past kate and sitting in the backseat next to flora.

as the car got closer to the gate flora got more and more anxious. she bit her nails, than bounced her legs it all led up to her screaming stop. "stop! stop! i don't want to die!" she sobbed trying desperately to take the seat belt off. "it's okay flora we're already so far out." kate attempted to sooth her. "miles she's trying to kill me! i don't want to die miles!" the girl choked on her own tears, she ripped at her seatbelt. "stop the car." miles growled his voice was deep and scary. y/n closed her eyes too scared to see what would happen next. "guys were almost there everything is f-"

"stop the fucking car or i'll kill you" miles roared. y/n flinched in the backseat. kate stopped the car. miles got out as flora scrambled to the front seat and crawled out, y/n ran after flora, as flora ran back to the main part of the estate. kate sighed before opening her door only for it to get slammed back into her face. "i know what you're scared of, keeping the lights on at night won't save you" miles licked his lips before twisting his face into a smile. he left catching up to the girls.

kate sat in her car for awhile contemplating what she could do. eventually she met the children at the stables. y/n hung out outside, she was very pale and kept her eyes shut. "hey you okay?" kate rested her hand gently on her shoulder. y/n screamed and jumped away. she blinked a few times before seeming to recognize kate. "uh yeah i'm, i'm fine" she sputtered, going back to leaning on a fence post with her eyes shut.

kate entered the stables hesitantly. "flora? flora may i speak to you please" flora was further into the stables turning her back to kate. "she doesn't want to talk to you" miles muttered looking at his shoes. "flora please." kate pleaded. "you scared her half to death why even bother trying now" miles rolled his eyes. "you need to stop talking to me like that" kate scolded. "and you need to stop acting like you're our mom, stop acting like you care!" miles challenged. "i'm gonna go" kate sighed. flora turned sharply. "oh yeah just leave! just leave like everyone else!" miles screamed. kate took one last look before rushing out.