Mihika's anxiety

Prologue

It's 9:00am, Sunday. The dining table is all set with breakfast waiting to be served. Ramu kaka has set up the dishes, spoons, bowls and other cutlery items.

"Damn! I'm so hungry! What's for breakfast today Ramu kaka", Said Mihika in a kiddish manner with hands on her stomach.

Mihika is a 16 year old girl and the apple of her Granny. She takes her seat and waits for other family members to be seated for breakfast.

"Aloo parathas and curd my princess. Yes and there's also khakra and dhokla waiting." Said Ramu kaka humbly with a smile.

Beside the dining table is a big window from where whole of the lawn can be observed. Mihika, meanwhile watches the petunia & rose flowers blooming in the lawn whose beauty is enhanced by the water droplets.

Mihika takes her phone clicks a photo of the view from the window focusing the flowers and pearl like water droplets. Edits it and uploads on her Insta story with the caption,
Just an awesome bright spring Sunday and birds singing out for their love. #SundayMorning

"Good morning princess. How's my Earlybird doing?", Said Mihika's father, Bheem Singh and takes his seat next to Mihika and calls everyone to the table for breakfast.
Mr.Singh is a total baniya (Business minded) just like any Punjabi and about 5.11 in height and the body proportionate with height and weight. Mr.Singh was popular among his fellow members for the tactics he adapted in the times of hardship.

Everyone slowly gathers and take their respective seats and Ramu kaka serves the breakfast to the family members.

The calm dining room is now filled with the voices of family speaking and discussing the business and family issues. Soon after they live and two are left sitting at the table- Granny (Haspreet Singh) and the apple of her eyes, Mihika.

Mihika's paternal Granny, Haspreet Singh, 86 years old and still retains her beauty. Her honey brown eyes and fair complexion still highlights her beauty. She retired from their family business just 5 years ago and now spends time with her grandchildren, Mihika & Daksh.

"What's bothering my princess so much that she has hardly had a paratha? Kya hua beta, kisine kuch kaha aapko?" (Has anyone said anything?). Granny caresses her hair and feeds her with paratha and boondi ka raita. (Indian bread stuffed with spiced potatoes and curd).

"Dadiji, it's just nothing. I'm not hungry", Mihika says with an hesitation.

"Kon hai woh puttar jisne apka dil le liya hai?" (Who's that my dear who stole your heart?), Granny asks politely with a smile and feeds her with raita.

Mihika surprisingly, "How you know Dadiji?"

After a pause, Haspreet says softly with her brown eyes shinning brightly and a picture in her mind, "I too was a girl once, beta. I too had this time when I was driven away by a young handsome man, who had stolen my heart."

"I'm scared of this feeling Dadiji. What if he abandons me someday?" Mihika says with a worried face.

"Okay my child it's common with every girl of your age. Now tell me who is this guy who has taken your sleep away and your aloo parathas?" Granny says laughingly. Mihika too laughs at her Granny's traditional joke.

"Then what did you do Dadiji when you fell for this guy? I mean you said he stole your heart what did you do then? Does Dadaji know about this?!" Mihika asks curiously. "Please tell me your story Dadiji! Mihika says naughtily "Tell me the story of my teenage Dadiji!"
Both burst into laughter.

Haspreet takes a deep breathe and starts her story.......