I care for you

It had been a month to our love now, everything seemed going well. With each day our love for each other grew deeper. Each love song described us and made me want him more.

It was a rainy day, I had to go alone to college, Dad was busy and driver too was on leave,  I chose an Auto (a three wheeled taxi) and reached college on time. Niharika too was the way. Just as I reached college two dark men came closer to me, somewhere it gave me a no good feeling. 

"A weather like this and a young lady, oh! We're going to have great time bro", Goon 1 comments.

"What are you waiting for Bro, let's take her", says Goon 2

"Take your asses off from here, she's someone's daughter and she's like your daughter too. Look at your ages", Auto driver said angrily.

"Back off!", Goon 1 takes out a small knife.

"Look what you are doing is unfair I'll scream and everyone will be here. You can enjoy the weather more then"  I was waiting for Ayushmann because by this time he drops Niharika, but what's taking him so long?

"You! Come with us! We cannot wait", Goon says inappropriately.

"Can I come along, Uncles? What say?"

"Who are you?"

"Your entertainer. She can't come she's busy, and I'm free to entertain you guys".

Niharika and I laughed looking at the conversation.

"Both of you go in!" Ayushmann ordered, "Mr.Guard are you there look what's happening here!"

Security guard comes running. "What happened sir?"

"These two men shouldn't be seen anywhere around the college, if seen I swear you'll be thrashed first then these two. They abuse young ladies every day and you're sitting there and playing cards with staff!"

"Sorry sir, there'll be no such complaints again"

"Jerk how dare you to thrash us? Wait let me show you who we are", Goon lifts hand to punch Ayushmann.

Ayushmann already angry about his girlfriend being abused gives goon a hard punch on his eye, hits repeatedly on his chest, "How dare you talk to her like that and why should she go to you who are you anyway asshole! Can't you dirty heads mind your own business!"
"Stop! I'm dying! Brother save me!"
Ayushmann looks at the other goon red-faced, "Don't you dare come closer to save him or I'll kill you!"
Leaves the first unconscious and goes for second goon, "Saaley tu aa ab bahut shauq hai chhuri chalane ka, chala toh"(Nice showing knife, try me.) Slaps him harder.

"We're sorry boss, we won't come here again. But who are you so young yet so strong?"

"Told you not to mess up with her, now see", laughs Auto driver.

"You needn't know. I see you both here again mind you it'll be more worse", hires the same Auto, "Take them to the nearest hospital"

It starts to rain heavily. Niharika and I come out to see what has happened. Ayushmann is angry, drenched in rain and his right fist bleeding and eyes red.

"Bhai!", Niharika hugs crying "Are you okay?"
"I'm fine, don't worry. Where's Preet? Is she okay?"
I saw him and burst into tears for what had just happened and for what he had done for me.
"Preet, come here. Tell me everything they did and don't hide anything", asks like a mom asking her kid.
"They just asked me to go with them. Leave all this it's over now", hugged him tight and I burst into tears. "Look what has happened to you. Let's go for first aid."
"I'm not going anywhere! They'll come again."
"No one's coming Bhai, let's go for first aid!", Niharika shouts.
"Ma'am is right sir, you can go to sports department it'll be opened", Security guard says opening the other small gate.

We three rushed towards the sports department. Ayushmann is checked by the doctor and is given the aid.
"Take rest, just few cuts are on the fist and has fever too. It'll heal in a day or two. Here's the prescription and few painkillers. What's the reason for your condition?"

"Few goons were teasing her, I couldn't hold back."

"Very good son, God bless you. Next time be careful and be polite. You can leave in an hour dose is working on him."

Ayushmann was resting and Niharika went to the corridor window to watch as it rained washing away all the glasses layer by layer.

You look more cute when you sleep like a baby, wish this hour never ends and nor does this rain.

"Why staring this handsome man? Don't you have class pretty lady?", Ayushmann says staring in my eyes.

"Staring because the man before me is the sole reason for me not attending any class", I said angrily.

"So you should thank me pretty lady, hahaha I saved you from boredom."

"Look was it of any use you did outside? Instead you injured yourself! I care for you! What if something would've happened to you?!"

"Can something happen to a gym guy like me, ma'am you got me wrong", laughs Ayushmann. "These muscles needed some exercise and they just got some workout this morning."

Lightning strikes and thunderstorms.

"Ayush........"

Ayushmann kisses Preet to avoid further conversation. What if they'd stolen you from me today? Kisses again. I cannot tolerate any idiot speaking wrong about you.
Heart beats and breathe synced. Rainfall slows down.
Never knew even a boy's lips could be so softer like cotton candy.

"Ayushmann stop! We're in Sports department this might land us in trouble."

"You seem better now, probably medicine has worked well."

"Yes, Pretty lady it has. You are my drug how can I not heal when you're around me." Hugs Preet.

"Bhai, all okay? If you're uneasy let's go home."

"Nihu I'm fine now, let's go home I'm bored of this place it's so old and I'm hungry."

"Niharika take him home and I'll attend the classes".

"Come with us Preet how can I handle this monkey all alone I need help. Come home with me", Niharika insists.

"Sorry Niharika I can't, if I'm found missing from class parents will take an action against me".

"Please your best friend needs you"

"I could, but I'll have to be in college. Dad will be here to pick me up. Sorry I'll assist you with today's notes. Take care, Nihu"

"Take care Ayushmann, have soup once you reach home. Get well soon."

This day is going to be harder for me Ayushmann. I'm going to miss you harder after this.

                              *****