Love finds a way!

Meanwhile, few days had passed and Talents' fest started today. I came to college at 8:15am and looked at the aged old College, around 150 years old.
The College's main gate was decorated beautifully with Lush green Mango leaves, Torana, that adorned white, pink and yellow Chrysanthemum flowers swirling up the poles and pillars. It gave a fresh summer feeling in the bright Sunny morning. A big black handmade poster, probably made by our seniors, had Talents' fest written on it in glitters. Around the letters were made Celtic knots in white and had quite a beautiful strange figures, hardly distinct but attractive.

As I was entering the College,my phone beeped, it was a message from Niharika.
Niharika: Reachin' in 5 mins @ the traffic signal.
Seeing her message I waited near the Gate outside for Niharika.

"Bhai stop! Hey Preet! Sorry for having u kept waiting." She got down from the bike and adjusted her sling bag. "Hmm... Your crop top is making you look like model!" Niharika says mischievously.

I know girl I wanted to laugh but just smiled because her Brother was looking at us.

"Oh sorry, Preet this is my older brother, Ayushmann, and Ayushmann this is Preet, Haspreet, my bae." Niharika introduces us. "Hello pretty lady", Ayushmann says gazing my eyes. We shook hands and smiled.

I felt shy. Ayushmann was a tall, a tone lesser than fair complexion, fit guy his biceps appeared distinctly in the black sweatshirt. He appeared somewhere between 21-25 of age. Looking at his flirtatious attitude and superbike, he may have quite a female following.

"Okay Bhai, you're getting late for your class too. Bye!", Niharika says and his bro Ayushmann left in a blink on his Superbike.

This guy had something that attracted me, may be because he was flirtatious and such boys are always in demand and more attractive than any average boys. Being neutral was the best for me rather falling for my own best friend's brother.

Looking at the schedule of events and their respective rooms I asked, "Niharika did you get the paints I asked for? What bout the Himalayan salt?"

Niharika pointing at the bag, "Everything's here babe. Tension na le, jeetenge to hum hi" (Don't worry, victory is ours), says humorously with her fist in the air.

All the events we were participating for were in the Second and third floor. We were walking the stairs when a girl with a bundle of drawing sheets was running across the corridor.

"Preet what could be the topic for drawing?" Niharika says looking at the girl running. "I feel it's gonna be something in random. My sixth sense never goes wrong", Looking at the same girl.

We reached our room for Drawing competition and to our surprise there was hardly a seat available. "What now?!", Niharika said panicking.
"Look there's a bench at the last row. We can occupy that." I said with a sigh.

Are we really gonna win? Look at the number of participants.
Niharika this might not help us. I was nervous and so was Niharika looking at the participants, but we didn't show it.

It was 9:00am, everyone got ready with their materials, paint bottles and palettes making the wooden benches colorful. Paint brushes and water bowls bringing life and spirit to each participant to win.

A lecturer from Arts stream entered the room. She looked friendly and quite young for her profession.
"Good morning Girls! All set to paint your imagination?"

"Good morning ma'am", everyone in unison.

"Topic is Paint your imagination, a random thought that makes you happy and just one hour will be given", Arts lecturer said looking at every girl with a smile.

There was an atmosphere of happiness because it was just a random topic, anything can be drawn and was no big deal.
Niharika and I started drawing our thoughts out. There was a complete silence, such that baby birds could be heard clearly from the nearby window. I drew a comic version of save trees, where trees in one side were happy with Lush green surroundings talking to man of their ecosystem, and the other half side had deforestation and few dry trees crying, asking man what have you done to us? Niharika drew a girl, a fantasy type that had hidden objectives.
60 minutes had passed, bell rang with a sharp sound for 10 secs. We submitted our sheets. Now we had 5 more events to be participated- Fireless cooking, dumb-charades, Science Quiz, Face painting and Chemistry solutions.

Results were to be announced at 5:00pm and we waited. It was just 3:00pm. Niharika phoned her brother, Ayushmann, "Bhai we'll be late, results will be announced at 5"
"Oh, two hours to go, what will you do there? I'm coming let's go home." Ayushmann said and hung up.

"Niharika you're going? Mat ja yaara bore hojaungi main. My dad will come at 5:30pm please stay. I don't want to be alone for result time", I said.
"Okay", Niharika phoned Ayushmann and asked him to stay here till results were announced.

Ayushmann comes and sits next to Niharika. I felt shy again. Why is he so good looking and why am I falling for him? I lost in my own thoughts.

Hey pretty lady! Meeting you again. How did you do? Ayushmann said gazing in my eyes again with a smile.

It was 5:05pm, results time! We won in all the five events we participated. Excitement took over Niharika and me, we hugged tightly. Ayushmann hugged her sister and he hugged me too! It made me insecure but he kind of liked it.

"Bhai! Yeh kya tha? Yeh teri behan nahi hai jo hug kar raha hai!" (Bro! What was that? She isn't your sister to hug), Niharika laughed out loud and this embarrassed Ayushmann.

We went to canteen to have coffee and talk. By then it was 5:35pm and my phone beeped. It was Dad, "At the exit come soon".

Niharika & I hugged each other and waved a bye to Ayushmann. Carrying five trophies was heavy somehow I carried them and reached the exit.
On the way home, it was just Ayushmann's thoughts that had occupied my brain. May be love had found me...... Can't wait to see him again❤️

*****