College's first day

Today's my first day to the college and damn it's a Women's College! St. Teresa's College for Women. My feeling right now, Where has all the boys disappeared?

I'm Haspreet Singh, Delhi born aka Delhi di kudi. I live in Bengaluru with my family. I always wanted to go to a college where Co-education facility was provided, but good things happening in my life is few....! All thanks to our delayed return from hometown, Delhi that took away my dream of getting admitted to my all time dreamt college, St. Christ's.

Only thing why I wanted that College was just the placements offered with a good annual package which would have helped me be successful for a long term. Koi na jo hota hai acche keliye hota hai. (What happens, happens for a reason)
Another most talked fact about St.Christ's was a hub of handsome boys studying there which attracted many girls from all over India to take admissions there.

   My Biology class was in the room 227 at the second floor towards the end of corridor at 9:00am. I entered the class room at 8:45am and took the seat in the first row. Took out the Biology text, started turning the pages and stopped at a page saying, Cockroaches have a specialised body that keeps them alive for 9 days without head because of trachea, the respiratory organs present at the lateral sides of the body. Woah! What if humans too had the same specialised body like cockroaches keeping them alive for 9 days. Hahaha! I laughed at my own lame joke.

It was 8:59am and I looked around to see everyone and the class room was full with GIRLS. Woah! Just girls. Seems racist, LOL!

Biology Lecturer, Dr. Katherine Adams entered the class with all her strong attitude, few being scared of her attitude and somewhere me too.

"Good morning Girls", Dr. Adams greeted the class with a stern voice.

"Good morning ma'am", everyone in unison.

Dr. Adams was a fair complexioned beautiful lady of average height and nature quite strict. Her dark jade green eyes highlighted her beauty more.

Dr.Adams looks at the class from left to right like a dinosaur scanning the place if she could find a prey. "I'm Katherine Adams, your Biology lecturer for next three years. I'll be dealing with Physiology and Anatomy of plants", says sternly with few pauses and moves towards the board.
    Flower Anatomy in bold letters covered the head of the board. Followed by few chapters and topics that read, •Structure of Flowers
                   •Types of Flowers
                   •Organs of flowers
                   •Dissection of flower organs

A newly formed group in the last bench whispers, "She seems so strict and adamant. I'm scared she's gonna be with us for next two years".

"Yes only if you don't abide with the rules!" Dr.Adams says to the girls at the last bench. "Else you'll have your precious one hour sitting in the corridor!", Dr. Adams reprimanded the girls without turning away from the board.

Girls completely stunned over the incident and started murmuring among themselves, "How can she be so accurate about who's speaking and what's being spoke?!. We could hardly hear something!"

She seems extremely strict and quite experienced in her profession. Will I really adjust here? Not even a single girl looks of my vibe. How will these two years pass in such a place of nerds.

"Back to the class. Can anyone define a Flower?", Dr. Adams put forth a question to us.

"A modified vegetative shoot specialised to reproduce", I answered without any hesitation.

"Very well. You seemed to have gone through the book", Dr. Adams said it with a smile.
Of course I had just a few minutes ago. Having such a strict lady smiling at me delighted me to the core.
Topic of Structure of flower was covered in an hour and I must admit she really was a great lecturer, not because she was strict and maintained silence in the class but the topic she taught was quite precise.

"Hey! I'm Niharika", a girl sitting next to me waved her hand with excitement. "You seem to love Botany a lot!"

"Hello Niharika! I'm Haspreet. Biology has always been my first love."

"I see you looked so serious about flowers", Niharika smiled. "Any idea which class we have next?"

"We have Chemistry the next hour. You can take my timetable and copy it in your book." I smiled.

Hopefully I have a friend now in the class of nerds. We spent rest of the week knowing each other and spending our lunch breaks in the canteen.

"We're having a fest in the coming week. I'm so excited!" Niharika said gobbling up an extra large burger.

"What's it bout?", I asked with curiosity.

"We have Talents' fest all about talents and winning prizes. I'm gonna participate in many of the events and so are you. We gonna win together!!" Niharika said with all her excitement.

So we started our preparations for the fest and missed few Mathematics classes because it was hard for us to digest.

*****