Letters & Cupcakes.

"True love that keeps you waiting
        has the most beautiful journey
                       & Destination".
                                          -IndianGirl

Ayushmann was completely absorbed in Preet's thoughts, the Saturday's evening and her glowing skin in candle light. Preet I haven't seen any girl so beautiful like you, you skipped my heart beat the moment I saw you in that black crop top with full sleeves that highlighted your dark henna tattoo. I wish I could hug you girl and tell you how I had fallen for you at the first sight.
Knocks, "Bhai haven't you slept? Ah! It's Preet no that has kept you awake? Sleep now, I know she'll say yes to you. I've seen love in her eyes for you."

"I'm worried what if she'd say no, whole of my feelings might hurt then. I cannot face her tomorrow. Say I'm not well I was drenched on the way."

"Bhai don't be a coward when you can say all that you feel for her amidst the public, then can't you hear a yes or no in personal? I'll be behind the bush waiting don't worry. If she says a no I'll take you to your favorite icecream place, and, and if she says a yes you're taking us on a day out!" Laughs Niharika. "Good night, don't overthink!"

Lights are switched off and the moon light has brightened up Preet's room. She too isn't sleepy.
Looking at the picture of Lord Shiva I wondered, God! I'm going to meet him finally. I'm nervous what'd happen there. I know he likes me as much as I do, but his flirtation sometimes scares me. Lord hope he isn't playing with my feelings. You know well and good for me. Oh! I almost forgot about the letter!
Picks up from the cupboard that was hidden well. It smelled like cinnamon, expensive perfume I see. Opening up the window, I read the Perfumed Letter. It said-

Hey pretty lady,

How are you? Hope you liked all that happened in the Cafe. Honestly I was nervous, but I'm sure you'd have liked it all. These roses I gave you aren't as beautiful as you are.
The day I saw you at the entrance, I fell madly in love with you, especially the dark round henna tattoos on your fair palm. I wanted to hug and say all that I said today, but controlled myself from doing so.
There have been many girls who are wanting to be my girlfriend, but none attracted me as you did. You're different from the rest and your simplicity is one worth falling for. I pray, things be good and you be mine forever. Because without you I'm just a guy who flirts around seeking attention but you seeked mine without having said anything. Will you be mine?

Holding that letter closer to my heart as if I was hugging him, "Wow! He's so romantic and flirty! Can't wait to see you tomorrow, love"

With each roads passing by, the autumn morning made everything look beautiful, of course, it had to I was lovestruck. The parks had trees either with leaves shed or brown-pink leaves and lush green grass. Air was Eucalyptus perfumed. "Isn't the morning so beautiful Daddy?"
"Of course, autumn has arrived and Bangalore is famous for this weather".
I reached college and moved towards the park.

"Hey! I thought I'd be early today", adrenaline again at the peak. "Is Niharika not coming today?"

Walking towards a bench in the park, "She'll join you in the class. So what did you think?"
"Umm.... If I say No, will it break your heart?"
"Initially yes, but I'll be happy if you find someone better than me. It's your happiness that matters to me and promise me there'll not be a single tear rolling down your cheeks. That'll break my heart".
Listening to him, I felt so loved that I hugged him and whispered, "It's a Yes Ayushmann".
Whispering, "I love you Preet. It's the most beautiful day of my life".
"So is mine!", Niharika jumps out of the bush and hugs them.
"Nihu, you interrupted us!", Ayushmann exclaimed out with surprise. "Couldn't you wait for another 10 mins?"
Preet shy and shocked, "Niharika, you here! But Ayushmann you said she'd be meeting me in the class?"
"No Bhai! I was jealous of you because you're stealing my best friend from me", Niharika laughs. "I'm so happy for you Preet and for you too my monkey Brother".

We three were so much into our world that we had lost had our first class. This day was never to come again so we carried on with our conversations.
"Preet, close your eyes", Ayushmann says taking out a paper bag. Uncovers it and places butterscotch cupcakes, vanilla cupcakes with colourful sprinkles and again a small letter.
Niharika takes off the cloth that covered her eyes and leaves.

"Wow! You knew I like cupcakes?"
"Niharika told me you liked them. Which one do you want first?"
"Butterscotch"
While Ayushmann feeds her with cupcakes, Preet reads the small letter.

Good morning Pretty lady,
We're meeting again. How blessed am I to have you.
My day begins with the
Lovely face of yours,
I long to hold you
Till comes out the moon & stars.
Heart is lost
To you Preet,
Be mine forever
Because you are Ayushmann's need.🖤
-Love, Ayush

Reading that note brought me tears.
"Arey! Kya hua Preet? Accha nahi laga", (Hey! What happened? Didn't like it?)
"It's beautiful Ayushmann, no body ever wrote me such a beautiful poem and letter. I'm glad and lucky to have you".
Ayushmann wipes Preet's tears, "You broke my heart. I'd told you never to allow tears roll down your cheeks."
"I'm sorry, they're tears of happiness. It's the most blessed day. Thank you for this day Ayushmann".
Ayushmann kisses Preet's forehead just then Niharika comes. Why is your timing so wrong my sister.

"Preet it's 12:30pm, we've lost half the day. Let's go to class few of our class mates have seen us in the park. Let's go", Niharika says hurriedly.

"Take here's your bag Preet and yours Bhai. Let's hurry up. When someone asks just say we had an emergency".

Hugging, "Bye Ayushmann, hope we meet soon".
"Preet, I'll be here tomorrow, bye."

Niharika looking at her wrist, "Chalo yaar sara pyaar aaj hi karoge" (Come on leave the love for next day too).

This was how destiny made it's way and united two souls in a bond called Love.

  *****