The right time!

Downpour feels harder
on the body when in
Grief & pain!
-IndianGirl

My day began depressingly, not because I was going in search of him, but looking at the uprooted trees, the puzzled people looking for their missing ones in the flood! I wonder if I would succeed in finding Ayushmann.

Phone rings.
Oh! It's Nihu. I had phoned her an hour ago but she didn't answer. Yes we maintained our friendship even when Ayush and I broke. She too was broken on the inside when she discovered we were no more together. But somehow things between me and Nihu didn't affect much.

"Hello", My voice breaks. I wanted to cry.
"Ho..w are y..ou?", Nihu stammers. Her saddened voice and broken sentence made me cry and eventually we start crying on the phone.
"I'm not good, I'm not Nihu. I still miss him and love him! Yes, I hid it this while!"
"I know Preet. Bhai too loved you even after you broke. He used to talk about you Preet. He left parties too, to avoid Huma". Silence takes over.
"Preet Bhai is missing and police denies finding him. They say his body might have flown into the river by now as downpour was raging the whole night!", Yells.

Emotions made my body and tongue numb. I couldn't speak. The shock she gave me dried up my tears. I was broken, this time even more.
"Please...... Nihu........, C....alm down", I stammered.

"Dharam ji, why did you stop?", Car's brake brought my emotions and numbness to a pause.

"There's a crowd ahead blocking the road. May be there's something grave happening!"

Should I ask driver to go and check or ask him to take another route? What if I'm on the right path to find Ayush? Before I could say something.

"Mem sahab, I'll go check what's happening", Driver Dharam ji says curiously.

I gather up all my courage, "Nihu, I'm going in search of Ayush. Trust me everything's gonna be alright soon. My intuition says it".

"Hmm", I gesture him to go.

My heart wasn't at ease right from the hour I heard that news and the news Nihu just updated me with. I wish he be alright.

"I believe your intuition dear. I've witnessed it as well. Hope this time too it be just as you wish", sobs.

"Nihu there's something grave here. I'm scared. I'll catch you up in meanwhile. Be strong girl, I'm with you", I end the call.

My heart beats faster as soon as I find Dharam ji running towards the car. What is it? Why is he rushing like that towards me. This is getting scarier now. Did he find him there, is that grave scene Ayushmann's? Lord! Help!

"Mem sahab, wahan ek bada ped gadi par gira hua hai or isme koi aadmi betha hua hai, thik se dikha nahi kon hai bas kafi zakhmi hai", says in a shiver tone. May be he was horrified, his voice has now scared me. (Ma'am there's a big banyan tree fallen on the car. Scene was vague, couldn't see who that man was, but he was quite injured).

"How did he look like? Anything in clear?"

"No Mem sahab, yes but he was wearing the same pink shirt with penguins on it, just as Ayushmann Sahab once wore".

"Oh! Lord! Dharam ji take me there, please!"
"No ma'am there's lots of men standing there, may be you shouldn't go there. I'll see it myself, you stay here and take care".
"No take me there!", curious Preet shouts rudely. "Sorry Dharam ji".

"Koi baat nahi, chaliye", replies humbly understanding my pain and curiosity. (It's alright, follow me).

There was a mid-sized white car with Govt. of India sticker stuck behind. A big banyan tree of several metres had uprooted and had fell on the car. Force be like! Branches broken and torn! Car was 70% damaged, but miraculously cab had minimum damages comparitively.