Chapter 21

Excited ako sa Epilogue kaya mas nauna ko siyang natapos. Yes, 9 chapters to go before the epilogue, pero mas naunang nasulat yung huli. Sorry sa late update. Reality has been really tough lately. Sana magustuhan niyo ang update. Thank you!

--

remember Zachariel

Sometimes it is hard to accept the irony of life. There will be times when we gain courage in midst of fear, loneliness after happiness, strength because of pain, and lessons in every mistake. It may seem hard--no, it is hard.

Living is never easy as everyone is trying to survive, but we must also remember that like every wave of the ocean, all will pass and surpass. You just have to live with it and try not to drown and swim until you reach the shore of your destination.

"Maganda dito, diba?" napabaling sa gilid ang tingin ko mula sa malayong isla sa harap nang marinig ko ang boses ni Aling Martha. Nasa mistulang teresang gawa sa kahoy kami ng kanilang bahay. Behind me is an old big rocking-chair, which reminds me of a commercial ad of my favorite coffee. Ganitong-ganito iyon.

A bungalow house with a rocking chair outside, facing the majestic view of the ocean as the rays of the sun brought an aesthetic reflection on the solemnity of the ocean.

"Presko pa yung hangin." dagdag niya na may ngiti sa labi. She was staring at the scenery I was looking as she was saying that. Her shoulder-length wavy hair and her red duster dance along rythm of the northern wind. I think she's already in her early 50's but I guess the natural life of the island made her look younger than her age.

Sa pagkakaalam ko ay wala silang anak ni Tiyoy at hindi talaga 'doctor kwak-kwak' ang kabuhayan ng kaniyang asawa kundi isa itong mangingisda. They own 3 boats, those I frequently seen on the shore just near the house. At sila din ang nangangalaga sa malawak na sakahan sa likurang bahagi ng kanilang bahay, the one on the left side field on what seems like an endless highway.

Today is our 4th day after that night. Ni isang pasubaling tanong tungkol sa nangyare ng gabing iyon ay wala akong narinig kina Aling Martha at sa asaw nito. Even Von did not ask me anything about that night. Why I was being chased. Who was those men. And what was happening.

Parang walang kakaibang nangyare.

It was like we were here as a normal tourist on our typical vacation minus the freedom of going beyond the borders of this part of the Island.

We were completely isolated from the real world here, no gadgets, no city lights, nothing but a pure peaceful isolation with nature and the aesthetic beauty of the crystal-like ocean.

"Opo, ang ganda po dito. Parang nasa Bermuda Triangle lang po ako eh." mahinang sagot ko habang binabalik ang tingin sa payapang karagatan sa harap.

"B-bermuda? Sagbot diba na baje?" napabaling ulit ako sa gilid kung saan ang naguguluhang mukha ni Aling Martha ang sumalubong sa akin. I move my head to the other side as my brows creased in confusion. Noticing my confused face, Aling Martha laugh at her self.

"Ay! Wala-wala. Don't mind meh, beyotipul girl hehehe." napapalatak na ani niya. Pansamantalang nakuha ang kaniyang atensyon ng may tumawag sa kaniya sa likuran. Again, I turn my head back at what's ahead of me. Thinking deeply of all the things I had momentarily forgotten because of here.

Is it selfish for me to taste a glimps of this kind of peace and... happiness? Am I being too unfair to Persephone, Tinashee and the guys because here I am, amid the collateral damages we have caused, still have the audacity to feel the peacefullness and... rest from the responsibility of our oath. While they there are, in God knows where, probably doing the best they can to do what they are tasked to do and thrive to survive, and... maybe, doing the very best they can to find me.