Chapter 28

2 chapters and then the Epilogue! I hope you try reading my CorazonValiente Series 1 entitled, Caenaella Solace. Mababasa sa Goodnovel po siya. Thank you!

--

to feel you on my skin

Death... I believe, is not the end of life. It's only a bridge to an extension of life. A bridge to an afterlife. A way to get to the other lifetime. That...was what I have been telling myself.

"The current of the sea was too strong last night. His body might had drown in the dept of the sea, not to mention on the big rock formations just below the cliff where he probably landed before the waves took him with its tide." I hear some voices murmuring around.

Pikit matang napalunok ako. I gulp the bile in my throat as I grip the tears that was threatening to burst. Halos pigilan ang paghinga upang hindi lumabas ang tinatagong hikbi.

Azrael died.

He's dead, that was what everybody was saying. At kahit anong kumbensi ko sa sariling hindi pa siya patay... ay unti-unti akong nakukombinsi sa mga nangyayare.

It has been 5 days. 5 painful days after what happened that night. The night we lost an Angel, the last night I took a glimpse of Azrael's eyes ad broken smile. Limang araw na din akong nakaratay sa loob ng kwarto ko sa Castle, ang lungga ng Familia. And even when I already gain conscious in the middle of those 5 poignant days, I never dare open my eyes ven when my team has been visiting me for the first 3 days. I was so...so afraid of the reality, of the painful truth that when I open my eyes, there will be no Azrael who will sat next to my bed.

Isang butil ng luha ang muling naramdaman kong tumulo sa gilid ng pikit na mata ko. Silence filled my room when the people who were checking on me left. Hindi rin nagtagal ng muli na naman bumukas sira ang pintuan ng kwarto. But seconds have already past by but no trace of voice or sound can be heard.

Unti unti ay hinayaan ko ang sariling sa unang pagkakataon matapos ang ilang araw na pananatiling walang malay na mabulag sa liwanag ng kisame ang bumungad sa akin. I stared at it for a couple of seconds before I gathered all the courage to sit up and look at the person who entered my room like a wind. I know very well who was it and like all the times, fear crept on me that I close my eyes again tightly, wishing for a bullet to pierce through me.

It was the fear of facing the same thing over again and those we fear to remember in the midst of forgetting.

"A-Airess...Dale..." tila isang hangin ang pagaalinlangan kong sambit sa pangalan ng kakambal. Nangingilid ang luhang unti unting naglalakad palapit sa kinaruruonan niya sa bukana ng Veranda. I couldn't take a glimpse of her face but I know there are tears of agony in those...again.

Tumigil ako ilang metro ang layo sa kaniya ng tuluyan siyang walang imik na naglakad palabas sa Veranda. Her red silk dress dances along with the wind and her waist length wavy hair.

"Airess, m-mahal ka niya." piyok ang pagkakasabing napahawak ako sa aking bibig upang mapigilan ang hikbing kumawala sa labi.

I watch how her shoulders raised for a deep sigh and I knew from her shaking voice,how she was keeping herself from bursting. "If he loves me then why did he chose to protect you?"

"Azrael loves you..." shaking my head harder, I took another step towards her as if I was convincing her.

"No! If he loves me then why does he keep on choosing you?!" marahas na napabaling siya sa akin. Wala na ang kaninang pinipigilan na poise at mga luhang sunod-sunod na pumapatak sa mata niyang labis na nasasaktan.