Chapter 22

So yeah, it took me another 6 months to update CH haha lol. This is not yet proofread, I'm sorry.

---

saved

"Speak" I uttered as my hands tightly gripping his neck. And damn, I think I just tasted blood on the sides of my mouth.

"D-Damn it--- I-I can't..." hindi niya matapos-tapos ang pagsasalita habang hinahawakan ang nagkabilang palapulsuan kong nakahawak sa leeg niya. I didn't bother minding why the hell he isn't even trying to 'atleast' help himself by 'trying' to remove my hand away from his neck. My mind is too clouded with everything. And that includes the name--David Zachariel-- and what the fuck does Von knows about him! And most importantly, HOW THE HELL DID VON MEET HIM.

But even with a messed up mind, my instinct will always work and that I always trust it. I pulled my left hand away from Von's neck and immediately covered his annoying mouth. My eyes moved to look at the side and narrowed my senses in the silence of the night for a couple of seconds when I felt something.

Mabilis akong napabaling sa kabilang gilid ng maramdaman ko ang isang mabilis at matalim na hangin na parang kidlat sa bilis ang pagdaan sa mismong harapan ko. I almost felt it pass through just inches away from my cheeks when I avoided it.

I knew right then what it was and immediately drop my body on the dark side of the road where the mud of the ricefield welcomed me. A rain of silent shots from the vast darkness of the night were like a sharp electro-magnetic light evident on my ears. I immediately pulled Von Khenry Montejar from the cold pavement of the road beside me when I noticed how stone-cold he was still lying on the road.

"Wha--" he coughed as he tried to catch his breathing properly because of the near-death experience he got from me. Maingat kong pinakinggan ang paligid, tinatantiya kung saan galing ang mga putok na iyon.

Von probably did not notice those rain fire of bullets but I have been to this my whole life that I can see and feel flashes of bullets when there's one!

Matalim kong tinitigan ang parte kung saan sigurado ako galing ang mga putok na iyon! Binalingan ko ang nakayuko at hinihingal pa rin na si Von sa tabi ko. I sat in front of him and pushed his chest back so he can hide behind the pavement of the road. Agad nagtama ang aming mata at ang bwesit, bigla ba namang hinawakan ang kamay kong nasa dibdib niya kaya medyo nawala ako sa lalim ng malamlam niyang mata.

"W-what's wrong?.... Airess." hingal na bulong niya, hinigpitan ang pagkakahawak sa kamay ko. I gulp ang tried to look away to get myself back from reality--- and yes, the guilt that is starting to envelop me as I remembered how he almost died... how my hand almost took his last breath away from him awhile ago.

"Just..." I gulp. "Stay here." mahinang utos ko at hindi na hinintay ang pagprotesta niya nang kalasin ang kamay sa pagkakahawak niya.

Mabilis akong tumakbo sa maputik na sakahan patungo sa kinaruruonan ng bahay ni Aling Martha. The shots from the bullets were like a bullet train! It was from the direction of the dark vast of Aling Martha's place and I can see shadows surrounding its peremeters, moving along with the shadows of the coconut trees!

I have been in this kind of life my whole life that I have mastered the art of hiding behind the shadows. I have been in the darkness for so long that I had been one with its silence my whole life. The reason as to why, making my way in Aling Martha's place without having the eyes of the enemies at mine is just a piece of cake.

I quickly hid behind the shadows of the large banana tree just beside the backdoor of Aling Martha's house when I saw a fast moving shadows of 4 men passing through. They got big guns on their hands and even got a glimps of the last one with a large sniper in hand.