Chapter 2

The Heiress

We, the Milestone University Community, mourn our loss for the death of one of the dynamic and aspiring leader who has faithfully served as one the board of regimes of our university for 12 years.

faithful my ass.

I literally roll my eyes upon seeing that stupid huge black and white tarpaulin with a big close-up picture of that chinese dirty-old man who was killed on the spot a few months ago because of a 'sudden' explosion of his car. Mga late reactors. Pwe.

JUSTICE
FOR
DIRECTOR LOUIE CHAN

Can't help but scoffed upon looking at the black bolded letters stating Justice for the poor old-man. God. If only you knew how much of a dirt and pest that faithful old man you are talking about.

I mean, if their idea of a dynamic and aspiring leader are those who steal money from charities, luring students who can no longer afford paying their tuition fees, illegal manufacturer of firearms, importing and exporting drugs, and more, then they really are a fucked up. Can't they open their useless eyes for once and just stop being so...fucked up? You are literally praising someone just because of what he stands on the community. People have the tendency to bow down to those people who they thought has a powerful liaison to those whose above, those who have money. Well, I guess that's just life huh? After all, money is power.

How hypocrite can that be?

"Wow. Aga natin ah." Tinashee sarcastically said, the moment she settled on my side. Ramdam ko rin na nasa kabilang gilid ko na si Perse habang ang kambal ay nasa likod na. I turned around to look at them when I realized that one is missing.

My eyes narrowed with a sigh of annoyance.

"Na saan si Azrael?" I asked the twins who are now roaming their eyes to the school grounds with excitement plastered in it. Wala nang ibang estudyante ang nasa school grounds. In my hunch, probably nasa loob na sila ng Auditorium kung saan gaganapin kuno ang 'Moments of Silence' for the sudden death of their beloved Director. I can almost puke on that. The mere reason why I'd rather be late on our first day than attend such program full of plastic hypocrites. Pwe.

Manghang-mangha at malalaki ang ngiti ng mag-kambal sa kakatingin sa malaki at malawak na Unibersidad ng Milestone, na para bang ngayon lang sila nakakita ng isang Unibersidad.

I mean yeah, as much as how we are as a person, we weren't given the privilege to go to school to study. Technically, ito ang unang beses na makakatapak kami sa isang eskwelahan bilang isang estudyante nito.

A sudden feeling of guilt pass through me at that sight. I look at the four of them then look away. Unfortunately, we all had somehow experience the same fate.

Neglected and hidden.

Fucked up but never defeated.

I met them through my every special classes, which also a synonym with being a home-schooled since nursery. Sa iba't ibang lugar sa buong mundo kung saan kami napiling ipatapon. Ironically to other normal parent's reason, is to protect their child, but for us? no. We were home-schooled for a different reason. The reason why we were brought together, to experience what we had, and be the person we are today.