Roswel, New Mexico

Ben woke up first. He decided from the start to wait for caitlin to wake up since she was lying against him. Looking around he saw a deer in a clearing. Seeing it Ben had an idea.

***

When caitlin woke up, she yawned as she sat upright. As she woke up she saw a big rib cage over an open flame on the end of Ben's tail. He slowly turned it back and forth. She stared at it for awhile.

"Uh.... Ben? What are you doing?" Caitlin asked. She turned to read his scales. He wrote one word.

'Breakfast' caitlin raised an eyebrow before looking back at the ribcage.

"Where did you get that?" She asked.

'The environment' was his reply.

"You killed a innocent deer?" She asked a little sad for the animal.

'When you travel from planet to planet like I have for years at a time. You see nature at its finest. Alien species perfectly designed for their ecosystems and hunting their prey. This is just the circle of life.' He wrote. Finally moving the deer meat away from the fire, he examined it. Deciding it looked good he offered some to caitlin.

"Umm.... I'm good. Thanks." She replied. Ben then tossed the meat into the air and snapped it up in his jaws. Eating the meat, bones and all, Ben seemed satisfied. Even licking his lips. Caitlin walked to kara and Carol who were both still sleeping. A green flash later and caitlin heard Ben's voice.

"Let them sleep. They're probably still tired. Just hop in the truck. I'll put them in the back and drive us to town." Ben said. Caitlin nodded and hopped in the front passenger seat. Ben picked kara up princess style, placing her in the truck before he did the same for carol. Caitlin felt a slight pang of jealousy. She now questioned why she was jealous. Was it because they had someone caring about them or was it about ben? She then realized that she had considered ben as the reason for her jealousy. Blushing she hid her face from Ben's view. Why would she consider ben as the reason for her jealousy? It wasn't like she liked him, right? Caitlin immediately started to distract herself.

***

As ben drove kara and carol woke up. Once they were ben found somewhere with a drive thru to get breakfast.

"So, what's the plan for when the dumbass squad and the amazing soldier show up?" Ben asked.

"We kick their ass, what else?" Carol said.

"I love that plan. Except for one thing. That isn't a plan." Ben said.

"So what did you have in mind smart guy." Carol said.

"I'm glad you asked. First I think that carol should not participate in any fighting involving the suicide squad and captain atom. Kara should focus on staying away from atom and fighting the suicide squad. Caitlin will run defense for any civilians that might get caught in the middle. As for me. I'll take captain atom." Ben said.

"What?! Why did I get benched?!" Carol asked not liking the plan.

"Because your the target. Waller wants you. She gets you, she wins." Caitlin said.

"If you're in the fight. Atom will have an easier time getting to you." Ben said. Carol was about to argue but kara stopped her.

"Please, carol." Kara said pleadingly. Seeing her sister plead carol gave in.

"Fine." Carol said.

"Sorry carol, but it's the best thing to do." Ben said.

"I have a question for you ben." Kara said.