Why Must You Run?

"What's the matter with everyone today?" Meliodas asked as the knights kept pounding on the tavern door.

"Holy Knights," Elizabeth breathed.

Rei sneered at the mention of the Holy Knights. She got up and was about to grab her sword but Meliodas stopped her. Her attention was towards the short blonde as he grabbed the rusty knight costume and placed it on Hawk.

"There. That should be distracting enough," Meliodas said with a grin.

Rei had an are you kidding me look on her face. "Seriously?" she deadpanned.

"Well, it's better than you slaughtering all of them, isn't it?" he responded. The pounding continued.

"And what are we supposed to do now? They're looking for her. We should just hand her over."

Meliodas crossed his arms. "We could. But we won't."

"Then what the hell are we supposed to do then?"

"Easy. Hawk and I will distract them, while you carry our guest to safety."

"You can't be serious?"

"Dead serious." Meliodas grinned at her. "And remember, you owe me."Yeah, I owe you. Not the cry baby you want to frisk all the time, Rei thought. Rei sighed in annoyance as she grabbed the princess's hand and dragged her to the back. "You're the best, Rei!"

Rei didn't respond as the tavern door started pounding again. "Hey, get out here!" she heard one of the knights yelled.

Meliodas walked over and opened the door. "Yeah, what's up?" he greeted.

The captain, Alioni, was confused. "Who are you, little kid?" he asked with irritation.

"Well, I'm the owner of this place." Rei and Elizabeth snuck through the back. Rei pushed Elizabeth against the wall and motioned her to be quiet while she poked her head out, waiting for the right time to run.

"The wondering rust knight's here. Send him out," Alioni commanded.

Meliodas sighed before looking back. "All right. Better come out."

The knights looked around Meliodas when they heard a clanking sound. Hawk was stomping on his feet with the rusted armor on his head.

"Ha, ha, ha. Who is calling for me?" Hawk played along. "I'm Sir Hawk, the Rusty Knight."

One of the knights had his mouth open while pointing at the pig. "So this pig's one of the Seven Deadly Sins."

Come on, hurry up, Rei thought.

"Well, of course, it's not," Alioni answered.

Hawk scoffed. "Well, how about a little respect. I'm the captain of the Order of Scraps Disposal."

"There is no such order."

"If this pig's what you're after, you can grill him if you want," Meliodas suggested.

I'm gonna hurt you if they hurt that pig, Meliodas, Rei thought angrily.

Hawk gasped. "Give it a rest will ya!" he protested.

Rei glared at Alioni when he grabbed Meliodas by the collar. "You little punk," Alioni sneered. "You've got some nerve making fun of knights like this."

Rei heard Elizabeth breath before she saw her running. Rei's eyes widened as she went after the girl. Ugh, this was not the right time! She's only been up for five minutes and she's already ruining everything.