Sonder

/Sohn-derr/noun. The realisation that each passerby has a life as vivid and as complex as your own.

After the cremation, Abby's mum gave me a silver locket with a bit of Abby's ash. I accepted it wholeheartedly, pagkatapos noon nagpaalam na rin kami ni Normy.

Instead of heading home straight, I decided to go to the nearest beach. There we waited for sunset.

Normy and I sits on top of my car. We remain quiet for an hour until I decided to cut the silence.

"What runs inside your head?"

"Buhay. Bakit hindi natin macontrol yung life and death" I know her questions holds so much weight so I simply nod.

"Everything will be all right"

"I hope so"

"Don't worry. Soon you'll get better"

"How did you know?"

"Coz you have to"

"Coz I have to?" I nodded to her answer. For me, but I did not voice it out.

Normy leaned on my shoulder for the longest time, and my gaze remained locked on hers.

I cannot wait to see her alive for real, but for now, I will be satisfied with what we have.

"Cassandra" I called her real name. She automatically raises her head.

"Bat tinawag mo ko sa totoong pangalan? May sakit ka?"

I chuckled at her reaction.

"No, silly I just want to know how it feels like to call you using your name"

"Nakakaloko. Kung nakatayo tayo ngayon, nanlambot na tuhod ko. Nakakadala. Nakaka inlove."

"I like your name, it feels right for me to say it, but at the same time, it feels weird. I feel like I have to let you go if I continue calling you by your own name"

"Alam mo ang dami mong iniisip. Hindi nga ko mawawala sa'yo. Promise yan"

"Promises are meant to be broken" I answered with a hint of negativity.

"Ilaban mo ng konti. Pag ako nagsabi tutuparin ko kaya kalma ka lang." I smiled. The way she assures me might be 1 in a million chance but she makes me feel like I have wonderwoman beside me and everything is possible"

"Sinabi ko sa'yo, hanggat may puang ako sa puso at isip mo hindi ako aalis at hindi ako mawawala"

I covered my face with a palm hiding my smile.

oOo

Kinabukasan, balik trabaho na naman.
First activity? Shoot for Oxygn. My make up artist is currently touching up my foundation. Normy is sitting on the seat allotted for me. As usual nakatingin lang din naman siya sakin.

I'd rather have it like that para hindi siya mawala sa paningin ko.

"Hey can somebody play Anthony's song" sigaw ni Direk. One of the P.A's played my song to boost the mood.

As usual we roll good and smooth. Anna walk towards me. This is part of the deal now. We have collab projects e shoot around lunch time. I was about to head to Normy when Anna stopped me

"Kuya kain tayo?"

"Next time na lang Anna, I'm sort of full. I had a heavy breakfast on the way here kase"

"Ay ganon ba? Sige. By the way you look dashing as usual"

"Thank you" I politely smile. Anna turned around and walk away.

"Alam mo talagang f na f ng batang yan yung love team na mabubuo between the 2 of you."

"Inis ka na niyan?" I gave Normy a mocking look.

"Ha? Ako? Inis? Neknek mo"

"Bigla ka kasing naging conyo"

"Nahawa lang ako sa'yo"

"I am not a fan naman so don't worry"

"Ay may pag eexplain?"

"Nagseselos ka kase"

"Lah siya! Feelingero ka Anthony?"

I shrugged "There's no point in denying. It's pretty obvious with the way you act Normy. Namumula ka pa nga"

She automatically touch her cheeks "Hoy, ang kapal mo!"

"I only speak the truth and nothing but the truth" bulong ko sa kanya bago lumabas at dumiretso sa van.

"Hoy teka lang naman" she tried to catch up with my strides.

"Tyanak" I said half laughing.

Pagpasok sa kotse pansamantala kong ipinikit yung mata ko. Medyo inaantok ako.

"Pahinga ka muna Anthony. Diretso tayo ng meeting with prod team para sa concert mo" inabutan ako ni mummy ng sleep mask. I wore it and crossed my arms.

I closed my eyes. Sa kahabaan ng byahe, rain started falling again. Nobody is speaking anything. Everyone knew I need rest...well except her.

"Anlakas ng ulan sa labas. Parang naghahabulang kabayo"

"Uhm" I said in response.

"Wala kong makita. Kumanta ka nga"

Sometimes Normy doesn't really make sense. Anong connect ng pagkanta ko sa daang di niya makita?

"Dali na" I did not respond, but then she she said something "ayoko ng ulan"

Her voice made me want to sing despite the sleepiness. Still with my sleep mask covered face and crossed arms, I sing.

When you close your eyes, tell me, what are you dreamin'? Everything, I wanna know it all.

I'd spend ten thousand hours and ten thousand more

Oh, if that's what it takes to learn that sweet heart of yours

And I might never get there, but I'm gonna try

If it's ten thousand hours for the rest of my life

I'm gonna love you

"Let's add that to your lineup" mum suggested upon hearing me. Tumango lang ako.

I pulled the mask down and peak at Normy's reaction. She's smiling and draw close to hug me.

I subtly hold the forearm that's on top of my tummy