Kameron and Kyle back up, possibly in fear, possibly in confusion. Their brows furrow as I wince.

I clench my eyes shut for a moment before opening them to the world's new crimson tint. I gasp a labored breath as my bones suddenly crush my human versions to change into my elongated wolf bones. I double over in pain and hold each of my shoulders.

My newly elongated ribs generously stretch my flesh. I lean over to grab ahold of a tree branch to get up, it chips and crumbles in my calloused hand.

This new power coursing through my veins swallows me up. A stinging or vibrating sensation climbs up my limbs and to my now crimson eyes. My veins glow the same crimson hue, reflecting off of Kameron and Kyle's faces.

Hey, are you still here? I need to know what happened.

I didn't go away, dumbass. I killed Keith. With killing him came taking his power. Since Kyle let me kill Keith, we have Keith's power. Their true forms finished off the body... well, Kameron's did.

I told you not to kill him. I was supposed to finish him off. I was supposed to throw a few punches for hurting Sierra. We had a deal.

Oh, you don't remember? Kyle roughed him up and pinned him to the ground. Just as I was about to let you take the wheel, Kyle told me to slash his throat. He didn't hesitate to let me take Keith's power. I refused but at Keith's dying breath, Kyle grabbed my hand and dragged my claws across Keith's throat.

What? Why would he do that if he was so close to taking his power?

He did it to protect his pack. He thinks you can handle the pack. Now, you have to protect them.

What do you mean? I'm not an Alpha.

You'll see.

"We should go, the sun is coming out. People will be suspicious if they see us with blood on our clothes." Kameron suggests.

Kyle continues staring at me for a moment and heads in the direction of the hotel. I don't know what just happened between the three of us, but I think it will change our lives forever.

Kameron shuffles his feet to face me. He slightly nods before following in Kyle's footsteps, literally.

I look down at the bloody leaves beneath my feet and grit my teeth.

Ding-dong, the asshole is dead! We have to celebrate!

You denied Kyle his right to kill Keith. You denied me the satisfaction of killing him myself and being there to hear it.

Oh quit your complaining! That strange feeling in your veins, that's not adrenaline... we have his power.

Why would you do that? That power was meant for Kyle.

We possess so much power now, more than you could've imagined! He was a Primordial Werewolf. His ancient power was greater than any of the rest of the pack. We can heal faster, possess people, read each other's minds, resurrect werewolves, we are immortal now! Since we possess the power now, we own the pack.

This is wrong. This power should have gone to Kyle instead of me. I don't deserve this power.

Kyle let you take the power. He thinks you can handle this. Besides, he's getting married soon. He needs someone he can trust to take care of the pack.

I head back to the hotel, my feet vastly shuffling through the dead leaves and fallen twigs.

"When we get home, I don't want the pack to know about this right off the bat. You deserve this power, Kyle, not me." I inform Kyle, as he packs his suitcase.