04 | VERTIGO HEART

The temperatures had depleted drastically and was as frozen as the shattered lake he had walked upon, before it drowned him in the miserable abyss.

It was as though the drastic climate change was an euphoric metaphor for his aching heart. One never truly realized that what they were used to, may be entirely wrong, erroneous, immoral. That is until they have experienced a beautiful diversity, something tremendously different, something better. Yoongi felt like a drug addict. The mere thought, taste of his pure light, his inferno warmth and hope caused him to tremble with longing and withdrawal. He should have overcome it, accepted his faith, his place in this godforsaken world and sold off whatever stolen goods he could. He needed to move on.

He should have.

Sleep was elusive, but eventually, after much struggle, he had managed to drift off into candid obscurity.

Yoongi had awoken in a warm, comfortable bed along with the substantial weight of an arm around his midriff. A velvety voice dripped in a batch of saccharine liquor and bitter honey resonated from behind him as he squirmed and shifted to shake away the cobwebs of sleep. He turned in the muscular arms to face the other person. Hoseok's dark, butterscotch hair was a tousled mob of havoc and perfection that fell over his sleepy eyes. His soft, tired smile was contagious. It was as though he were the serpent of sweet temptation, his smile especially.

"Good morning, gorgeous," he said, voice hoarse from sleep.

Yoongi could not help the rosy hue that rose to bubble upon his ivory cheeks. He whined in embarrassment and snuggled closer to Hoseok, nuzzled his head in the junction of his shoulders and chest. He was so close to him that he could feel his euphoric laughter rumble against him, his warmth and eternal happiness. He was shrouded by it, felt it seep deep within the cartilage of his bones. He did not want this moment to end, this pure innocent bliss. He wished he could lay there, beside him, forever.

"C'mon. Wake up, sleepy-head," Hoseok chuckled, words spoken into his hair, and trailed his long, svelte fingers along Yoongi's spine. He placed chaste, feather-like kisses upon his tousled raven locks. "We need to eat breakfast."

"I don't wanna move," Yoongi mumbled.

"Come on, Yoongi-hyung."

Drowsy, Yoongi managed to glance up at him again, but it lasted a mere fraction-of-a-second before their lips intertwined in a chaste, amorous waltz.

Yoongi was very much awake.

Once the passionate dance between their soft lips ended, they pulled apart. Breathless and dazed, Yoongi kept his eyes shut and panted, mouth ajar. Soon, his eyes fluttered open and they were captivated by each other's eyes. "I love you," Yoongi blurted, unashamed.

A smile tailored itself upon Hoseok's lips and Yoongi swore it could postpone any blackouts and light up all of Seoul. His smile was one of his favorite things in the world—it was the most spectacular thing in the universe.

"I love you, too."

Euphoria, an immense feeling of pure contentment. The happiness that fluttered within the pit of his stomach felt foreign. Nevertheless, it warmed his interior and caused him to smelt into another beautiful, passionate mold of warmth, hope, love and contentment.

Warmth...it was something Yoongi required.

The abrupt transition from dream and reality was a spook. Yoongi drew his knees closer to his chest. His teeth chattered violently, equivalent to his body that quivered. The coat and threadbare blankets he had bought at a five-fingered discount did no justice against the taciturn bite of winter and the harsh truth was that, despite his fantasies, he would remain cold and alone.