08 | VERTIGO HEART

Yoongi had only gotten a few hours of sleep, before Hoseok shook his shoulder gently and whispered that he had made dinner.

For Yoongi, it felt strange, odd, iffy to eat pizza on expensive plates in Hoseok's fancy dining room, luckily the conversations were light and easy. He forgot about the negatives, at least for now.

Afterwards, they watched television in the chic lounge and Yoongi fought the urge to cuddle against Hoseok. He was so close, a foot away, but he resisted. He was saved from his misery when Hoseok stood up and grabbed his medicine. When he returned, Mickey had occupied his space on the couch and sprawled out like he owned the place, head in Yoongi's lap.

Hoseok pouted and shook his head. "I see how it is."

"He loves me."

"I can see that." He chuckled and passed Yoongi his medication and a cold bottle of water.

"Mickey, you traitor." He scrunched his nose and shot a playful glare at the content pup who lazed on the couch, head resting on Yoongi's lap, before he got comfortable in a huge recliner nearby.

After Yoongi had ingested his medication, he watched whatever was on screen and threaded his fingers through Mickey's soft brown-white fur.

They were surrounded by a comfortable silence. It was weird that Yoongi could have done the same thing alone, but it would not have been the same. He did not know it at first, but Hoseok's mere presence made everything different. And once he realized it, he vanished into the intricate corners of his mind.

Hoseok had done so much for him, far more than any other sane person had. No doubt. He had welcomed Yoongi (an admitted thief) into his life, his home, without question.

How could he enjoy the company of someone who had zero interesting stories to tell?

How many times could Yoongi drown under the same carousel questions of doubt?

"Ready for bed, Mickey?" The dog was smart. He immediately hopped up and sat at the entrance of the hallway, waiting for Yoongi. "I swear he understands Korean."

"And some English."

"Way to be smarter than me." Yoongi pouted at Mickey who stared up at him and wagged his tail idly.

"Need help?" Hoseok asked when Yoongi struggled to stand up.

"I got it." He did not, but he would be damned if he was going to make Hoseok get up just to help his crippled self off the couch. He could handle the pain, he thought. Eventually, after multiple protests, he made it to the bedroom.

"Night. If you need anything, please let me know. And..." Hoseok gnawed on his lip, obviously he wanted to say something, something that made him unsure of Yoongi's reaction.

"And?"

"Please don't run away."

Damn. Those words and those puppy-dog eyes nearly knocked Yoongi off his feet with how cute they were. He did not understand him and why he cared so much about a man who did not even remotely deserve it, but he slowly adjusted to his strange benevolence.

"I don't think I'm up for much running. Besides, I'm pretty sure your fancy security system would definitely let you know the moment I opened the door."

Hoseok scrunched his face subtly. "You're not a prisoner. The code is 18224 if you really want to disable it."

Yoongi face-palmed. The idiot had no sense of self-preservation. "Hoseok-ah, you don't tell a thief your security codes!"

"You're not going to steal anything." Hoseok defended.

"You don't know that!"

"I do. I can tell, I trust you."