09 | VERTIGO HEART

Yoongi soon realized that when Hoseok told him Christmas Eve was an event, he really meant it.

With a yawn, Yoongi stretched out his limbs and slid out of bed. He waddled into the living room and found Hoseok at the center of the room on the floor, heaps of cardboard boxes surrounded him along with multiple ribbons and spools of shiny wrapping paper. On the television screen, a motion Christmas movie played. And he hummed along to whatever song they sang.

Yoongi admired him from afar, until Mickey trotted into the living room and caught Hoseok's attention. He looked up with a wide smile.

"Good morning! I want you to try something. Don't move! You can sit if you want," Hoseok shot to his feet and dashed into the kitchen. It was not until he returned that Yoongi realized he wore jeans and a ridiculous red sweater with Pluto as a reindeer and Mickey Mouse dressed in a Santa suit. It was horrible and adorable at the same time.

"I made you coffee. I know you're all mister 'I like my coffee black', but just try it."

"You're so cheesy." Yoongi could not help but grin as he accepted the cartoonish snowman mug topped off with foam and what looked like sprinkles of some sort. He inhaled and winced inwardly at the peppermint aroma, but risked a sip anyway.

Surprisingly, what should have been a nightmarish peppermint-mocha abomination, turned out to be one of the most amazing things he had ever tasted. He was sure it had something to do with the expensive gadgets Hoseok's kitchen was equipped with, but he was sure the excited man-baby had a little something to do with it.

"It's good, right?" He must have had a couple mugs already, because he literally bounced in his Rudolph slippers.

"Yes, it's good. Thank you."

Hoseok placed a hand on Yoongi's lower back and led him towards the couch. Mickey followed after them and hopped up beside Yoongi.

"Oh. I have something for you."

"Hoseok—"

"Nope. It's nothing major just...something to help you get into the Christmas spirit." Hoseok handed Yoongi a box covered in candy canes and set his coffee on the table beside him.

Yoongi rolled his eyes and opened his gift, inside was a bright blue sweater with a cartoon snowman that looked vaguely familiar and the phrase 'Let's build a snowman!' written in white. It was ridiculous and did something to his heart, stabbed it. He had never had an ugly Christmas sweater before.

"Thank you."

"It's Olaf!"

"Okay?"

"Frozen?"

Yoongi pursed his lips. He had seen advertisements and merchandise, but, for obvious reasons, he had never seen the movie. "That was a movie, right?"

"Yes. One we're watching tonight, since you've been living under a rock and haven't—" His expression suddenly fell and Yoongi knew pity was about to outshine his happiness. "I didn't mean to—I just forgot—I mean, I wasn't...thinking. I'm sorry."

"It's okay." Yoongi shrugged it off with a gummy smile. "It's something to look forward to."

His smile tugged up a tad bit.

"But do I have to wear this?" Yoongi whined, he tried to make it as obvious as possible in order to get rid of the awkward moment. It worked.

"Yes! It's tradition."

Yoongi quirked a brow.

"C'mon, Yoongs. Please~"

Although no honorific was added, the pet name was but another blow. This man had too many facets to count and far too many quirks to try and understand in the few days they had known each other. Impossible, Yoongi could not say 'no' to his pouty lip.