Retaliation

I know this one is shorter than my normal chapters, but I've had / am having some writers block so I could only manage to squeeze this one out, sorry.

At a city in Vacuo an angry mob gathers. They have torches and weapons, and they intend to storm a building held by the reformist sect of the Oumist faith. Those inside the building know that they are coming and have barricaded the doors and have armed themselves with what they could get their hands on. The mob then stormed the building and a vicious fight ensued. It ended with the defenders, all ten of them, slain to a man and twelve attackers dead. Dozens of others were injured and the building was burned to the ground.

It is at this point when one of YN's bishops walks into the council room.

Bishop Clarence: Holy Father, our mission in Vacuo was raided and the missionaries were all killed.

YN sighs and calls for a cleric.

YN: My child, send out the word that our faith is under attack, call forth our devout and join in our holy crusade!

Cleric: Deus Vult!

Bishop Clarence: Deus Vult!

At a cafe in Atlas three Orthodox Oumists are sitting at a table when a man walks up to them.

Man: MAY GOD PRESERVE OUR FAITH AND OUR SOULS!

He then pulls out a pistol and guns down the three men at the table before sprinting out of the cafe.

Across town, a reformist walks up to a house and throws a hand grenade through the window.
Bomber: MAY GOD PRESERVE OUR FAITH AND OUR SOULS!

Similar actions have been carried out all over remnant with both sides taking shots at each other. Hundreds have been killed and in some cases whole villages were burned to the ground. However, with all the negativity that is coming into being because of the religious violence the amount of Grimm activity has skyrocketed. This means that hunters and huntresses are being run ragged with all the missions they are having to do. The White Fang is also taking advantage of the swelling chaos and carrying out even more terrorist actions and the criminal elements like Roman are also making a killing selling weapons and equipment to both sides.

Roman: We've been making a killing off of these idiots! They're so busy shooting each other that no one has time to arrest us. But it does make me sad that I no longer make the evening news.

Neo:

Roman: Don't be like that, I know you're a reformist, but selling guns to both sides means we make twice as much.

Neo:

Roman: Fine, if it makes you feel that way, I'll stop selling to the orthodox Oumists.

Neo: (Smiles)

And in all this, the Kaizer of Vale is struggling to keep his country together. As previously mentioned, the country is pulling itself apart at the seams. You have the Orthodox going up against the Refomists, the White fang going up against everyone, gangs of criminals doing crime like it's going out of style, and just to make everybody's day just that much worse, you have Grimm. The Kaizer has had to call in the army to put down random opportunistic revolutions, everything is a mess and understandably he wants it to be done.

Bizmark: YN, we need to stop all the fighting, thousands have died, billions have been spent, and whole villages have been burned.

YN: Our holy war will only stop when we are sure of our own safety. After all we are under attack.

Bizmark: Of course you are under attack, you killed the high priest! You kicked the hornet's nest and now are blaming the hornets for attacking you.

YN: What has been, has been. What is, is. What will be, will be.

Bizmark: What the hell does that even mean?

YN: It means that this war is part of our destiny, our fate if you will. Everything that has happened in the entirety of history has led to us having this conversation. And as a result of this conversation, the future will happen. The actions we took yesterday, have determined our actions today. The actions we take today, will determine the actions we take tomorrow.

Bizmark: You sound really foolish .

YN: Who is the fool, the fool, or the man who thinks him so?

Bizmark: You've gone off the deep end, I'm calling an ceasefire and we are figuring this shit out!

YN: (Raspberry noise) (walks out)

Bizmark then calls the orthodox and reformist Oumists and gets them to agree to a ceasefire agreement while the two sides negotiate in hopes of coming to a settlement that both sides can live with. YN agrees to be in attendance and the new high priest, a man named Peter, also agrees to attend.