Memories

Six years ago

"I hate that you have to go so soon"Luna said to her newlywed husband Erik, "I know baby but I'll back before you know it then we can start that family I promised you" Erik said grabbing Luna around the waist and kissing her sweetly.
      Luna rested her hands on his chest and kissed him back practically melting in his arms, "I'll hold you to that darling." Luna replied when they broke apart.
      She rested her hand on Erik's face and gazed at him with a sad but fond look "I'm going to miss you." Luna said rubbing her thumb on the side of his face, "I know, I'm going to miss you so much. This isn't fair to you baby if I had known they were going to deploy me so soon I would have married you sooner. I could have spent more time with you." Erik replied putting his hand over hers, his wedding band glinting in the fluorescent lighting of the airport.
"Oh stop it you're making it sound like you're never coming back." Luna said teasingly. Erik's face dropped into a solemn expression "You don't know that baby there is a chance I might not come back." He said sadly. "Hey stop talking like that, you're going to come back because you're a fighter Erik" Luna said wrapping her arms around his neck and giving him a firm hug that he gladly returned. "Flight 476 is now boarding" the announcement blared over the speaker in the airport ruining the moment.
"Go get'em tiger." Luna said holding back tears, "Don't cry baby just wait for me." Erik said as Luna nodded. He gave her one last kiss filled with all his love and passion for her then picked up his bag and headed to the gate. Meanwhile Luna stood there watching him go completely unaware that would be the last time she would see him for 6 years.

                          Present time

       Luna woke up to someone kissing her neck and shoulders, she smiled knowing exactly who it was. "Good morning." She said lovingly with her eyes still closed "Good morning my love." A man's voice with an african accent replied then continued peppering kisses on Luna's naked shoulders.     "Didn't you have enough last night?" Luna teased with a giggle as she turned over. She opened her green eyes and met a pair of brown ones "I could never have enough of you my dear." T'challa replied kissing her soundly on the lips. When they pulled apart Luna's phone began to ring, she quickly turned over and answered it "Hello?" She answered, "Lulu you've got to help me out here." A voice on the other line replied, it was Luna's coworker/ best gal pal, Ava.
     Luna rolled her eyes and asked "What is it Ava?" , "Ok so I need you to cover that interview with Ms. Kelly for Thomas. He's a mess right now." Ava quickly replied. Luna sighed heavily "What time?" She asked, "You're a lifesaver Lulu. The interview starts in an hour at the studio." Ava replied excitedly. "You owe me for this Ava." Luna said seriously, "I know I know. I'll buy you lunch at Frankie's next week. Love you see you in an hour. Bye." Ava replied quickly hanging up the phone.
      Luna flopped back down on her pillow and groaned "Duty calls?" T'challa asked. "Yeah, I'm sorry darling. The life of a radio show host never stops unfortunately. I should be done in a couple hours then I can give you the rest of the day before you go back to Wakanda tonight."Luna said apologetically, "Don't worry about it my dear. I am just meeting with the elders to discuss a current matter." T'challa replied as Luna stood up and tied her robe before walking into the bathroom to shower.
"Such as?" Luna questioned, "Nothing you need to worry yourself with my dear." T'challa replied cheekily. Luna rolled her eyes with a smile as she look at herself in the mirror and studied her face. Luna was a beautiful woman with vibrant green eyes, high cheekbones, a sharp,feminine jawline and a cute button nose with straight white teeth. She also had the body to match with long, tan legs,  despite being only 5'3, a flat stomach, and wide hips giving her body an hourglass figure. Luna had her hispanic genetics to thank for those hips. She honestly looked more like a model than a radio talk show host so its no surprise on how she snagged a prince.
      Luna dropped her robe and hopped in the shower quickly washing her long brown hair and her body before hopping out and walking into her closet that was conjoined to the bathroom. She quickly slipped on some underwear and picked out a white off the shoulder top and a pair of black jeans with a pair of white and gold block heels and finished off the look with a black and gold Gucci belt and some gold jewelry.
       After she was dressed Luna ran a brush through her wet tresses and decided to let her natural waves out so she ran some mousse into her hair to help with the frizz and let it fall to her waist. Finally throwing on perfume, deodorant, and brushing her teeth she stepped out of the bathroom.
T'challa was standing by the bedroom window looking at the city below when she emerged " You look beautiful as always my love." T'challa said turning to her, "Thank you darling." Luna replied tilting her head up to give him a kiss. "I should be back in a couple hours. If you leave make sure you lock up and if you're back before me you know where the spare key is. Ok baby?" Luna said while gathering her purse and phone. "Yes dear don't worry I'll be fine while you're gone." T'challa replied, "Ok then I'm off. I love you darling." Luna said heading out the door. "I love you too my dear. Be safe." T'challa responded as the door to the apartment closed and locked.
After Luna had left T'challa decided to shower himself so he walked into the bathroom and flicked on the light. It flickered then burned out "Great. Now where did Luna say the lightbulbs were?" T'challa wondered to himself walking out of the bathroom and making his way to the living room. He quickly spotted the utility closet where the lightbulbs were kept and opened it.
Inside was nothing special just a some shelves holding a few boxes and some miscellaneous items, T'challa reached for the box of lightbulbs on the third shelf but when he pulled them off the shelf one end of the box opened unexpectedly and a bulb shattered on the floor. "Shit." T'challa cursed stepping back to avoid the glass.
He then went to go retrieve the broom to clean the glass, as he was sweeping he moved a blanket that was on the floor of the utility closet to check for any stray pieces of glass when he spotted a white banker box in the back. Curiosity got the better of T'challa so he pulled the box out with the broom and saw that on top of the box written in black marker was a single name.
"Who is Erik?" T'challa wondered out loud reading the name on the box. He quickly finished cleaning and disposing of the glass before he picked up the box and set it on the counter. After an internal debate with himself T'challa decided to open the box and inside shocked him beyond belief.

A/N: Hello readers! During quarantine I have rediscovered Black Panther so I decided to write a story about it to kill some boredom. I hope you enjoyed the first chapter of She Was Never Yours. I want to take this time to tell you that Luna has been to Wakanda before and has met Nakia,Shuri,Okoye,and Ramonda before.