𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧.

LOCATION : 𝘱𝘢𝘭𝘭𝘢𝘴, 𝘳𝘰𝘺𝘢𝘭 𝘱𝘢𝘭𝘢𝘤𝘦

[ 4 𝘋𝘈𝘠𝘚 𝘉𝘌𝘍𝘖𝘙𝘌 𝘛𝘏𝘌 𝘊𝘖𝘙𝘖𝘕𝘈𝘛𝘐𝘖𝘕 ]

"it's good to see you back again." opal held her wounded torso, struggling to stand on her own as she leaned into yeosang's arms which kept her balanced as he never left her side since she had woken up. although she wasn't fully healed, she had insisted on wanting to walk around the palace building, the stuffy atmosphere of the infirmary was already becoming unbearable and it had only been a day since she had awoken. there was only four days until the coronation, and seonghwa's crowning, which meant four days until plan ateez was put into action.

"your majesty." opal bowed her head, the only part of her body that she could move without opening one of her many stitches. she wondered if yunho felt guilty for the damage he had done to the girl. seonghwa eyed the pair, glancing between yeosang and opal as he noticed their close proximity, anger bubbling inside of him as the girl lifted her head, sending him a soft smile. 

"kang yeosang," yeosang perked up at the sound of his name, tearing his gaze away from opal and towards his soon-to-be king, waiting for an order to be given since his full name had been announced. "bring opal to my chambers, i'll be there soon." his order was simple, but it was enough for yeosang to tense up, reluctantly nodding his head before bowing towards the prince as he left to who knows where. yeosang wondered what the prince could possibly want with opal, especially after specifically ordering them not to look for opal — there must've been a reason for such an unbelievable request.

"i'll be fine on my own." opal spoke up, catching the boy's attention. before he could protest, opal removed his arm from around her waist, sending him a look of reassurance. it was enough for the boy to trust her decision, knowing that this was something that she had to deal with on her own, but it still didn't stop him from feeling the fear build up in the pit of his stomach. he had just gotten her back, he didn't want to lose opal from his sight ever again like that. "thank you, sang-ah." opal reached up on her tiptoes and softly pressed her lips against his cheek, knowing that her personal feelings for him were now muddling with her feelings for revenge, unable to think clearly on what she wanted done.