𝐬𝐢𝐱𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧.

LOCATION : 𝘱𝘢𝘭𝘭𝘢𝘴, 𝘢𝘵𝘦𝘦𝘻 𝘴𝘩𝘪𝘱

"captain, will you not be joining the others?" seongjun approached the captain who was busily overlooking his shipmates, making sure everyone was working hard and preparing for plan ateez — a plan that no one but the four boys and opal knew about. hongjoong did contemplate whether he should inform his crew on their plan, and that if they wanted to opt out of the mission, then they could easily do so, considering the fact that it put so many lives at stake. however, yunho advised that they waited until they actually got opal back into pallas before they made any decisions. if getting opal in fails, then the plan itself falls apart too.

hongjoong smiled at his comrade, shaking his head no in answer to his question. the two of them walked along the edge of the ship, seongjun accompanying his captain as they went through today's checklist. "seongjun," hongjoong called for the younger boy, his head shooting up at the sound of his name as he waited for hongjoong to continue. the captain hesitated, wondering if this was the right way to figure out a solution to his internal conflict. "if there was something you wanted to do, something that you could only do with the help of others, but it would put many lives at risk, would you still go through with it?" hongjoong only realised how ridiculously vague he sounded after finishing his question, however, he couldn't help turning towards seongjun with expectancy clear on his features. he figured that the latter would brush off his words as something too ridiculous, believing that his captain was joking around, but instead hongjoong was taken by surprise as seongjun seemed to be deeply thinking about the case he was given.

seongjun hummed, placing a hand on his chin as he stared into space, busily considering the many factors that had to be taken into account — it didn't help how vague hongjoong's scenario was, but he assumed that if his captain was keeping a secret, then it was for a reason and he wouldn't pry into that business unless his life was at stake. he also didn't want to make a mistake, it was rare for the captain to ask for advice from someone else, especially since the man was the person that they'd seek for advice, not the other way around, and so seongjun wanted to do a good job.

"is it for a good cause?" seongjun suddenly questioned, taking hongjoong by surprise as he halted in his step, turning to the latter with furrowed eyebrows. "ah sorry, that question was a bit vague, i mean—"