𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲 𝐨𝐧𝐞.

LOCATION : 𝘱𝘢𝘭𝘭𝘢𝘴

[ 𝘊𝘖𝘙𝘖𝘕𝘈𝘛𝘐𝘖𝘕 𝘋𝘈𝘠 ]

[ 𝘊𝘖𝘙𝘖𝘕𝘈𝘛𝘐𝘖𝘕 𝘋𝘈𝘠 ]

opal stared at her reflection, watching as her personal maid tidied up her dress, fitting it onto the girl's body so it fit perfectly despite how uncomfortable she was already feeling. however the tight clothing on her body was the least of her worries as she could only hear the words seonghwa had said to her. she couldn't believe what the truth was anymore, although seonghwa's side of the story wasn't as far-fetched as she had  first interpreted. he knew her plan, from the beginning, even before opal had found out she was wooju — he had known everything.

his words continued to repeat in opal's mind, to the point that the girl couldn't distinguish whether it had really happened or if it was just a dream. a small chuckle escaped her lips at how ridiculous she had sounded to herself, shaking her head at how jumbled her moral compass had gotten after this small incident. the sound caught the maid's attention as her movements came to a halt, staring at the girl as she wondered what had suddenly amused her. noticing that her frantic hands had come to a halt, opal lifted her gaze from her reflection to the frozen maid, wondering why she looked so surprised. 

"that'll be all." opal ordered, wanting to hurry and finish up. it wasn't like she was the one becoming ruler of pallas, so she didn't know why she had to dress up in the first place. although the dress was much too over the top for her taste, she had to admit, she for once liked the reflection staring back at her.

the dress itself was huge, and she wondered how she was going to execute their plan when she could barely move

the dress itself was huge, and she wondered how she was going to execute their plan when she could barely move. a sigh escaped her lips, as she felt the bodice of the dress dig deeper into her ribs with every breath she took. "opal," her thoughts were cut off by a voice by her doorway. tearing her gaze away from the mirror, she turned to find yeonjun stood at the door. the boy bowed deeply towards the girl before continuing. "his majesty has summoned you." opal visibly gulped, beginning to feel nervous as she nodded her head. she glanced into the mirror one last time, her hand reaching up to her collar where her necklace sat, one that yeosang had gifted her upon their first meeting. a soft smile graced her lips, remembering that day clearly. "opal." yeonjun brought her out of her memories, the girl's smile fading as she nodded towards the zero member.

she carefully lifted the dress, making it easier for herself to walk as she followed yeonjun out of her own room and toward seonghwa's. she repeated their plan in her head, hoping that the nerves in her stomach would calm down. she didn't know why she was so nervous, when she planned with hongjoong, it was as easy as pie, but being on the same side as seonghwa had her on edge — she didn't know how much she could trust him, or if what he had told her was even the truth.

"is team eight ready?" opal entered the room, lifting her gaze from the ground towards the soon-to-be-king who stood in front of his mirror, his personal tailor busily running around to complete the finishing touches to the look. opal processed his words, realising that he was referring to the conversation they had yesterday during his fitting. opal glanced over at yeonjun, holding out her hand as she waited expectantly. the boy placed her device into her hand, bowing his head as the girl nodded.

a sigh escaped her lips as she tapped away, looking for their zero system plan for the coronation. "that's a different outfit to yesterday." she commented, noticing that the coronation outfit had switched from black and white to an all-white look with a touch of gold — it made him look more like a prince though, she had to admit. 

"i look good, right?" seonghwa teased, sending the girl a cheeky wink which took her by surprise. she certainly wasn't used to his playful attitude, that was for sure. upon receiving no response, seonghwa humphed, turning back to his reflection as he fixed the button on the cuff of his blazer. "it was last minute to change my look to who i really am, this is the real me." he explained, confusing opal who tore her gaze away from her device to raise a questioning eyebrow at him.

seonghwa cleared his throat, catching the tailor's attention as he stood straight. "that'll be all." he ordered, glancing at both the tailor and yeonjun. the two took the hint and bowed their heads towards seonghwa before taking their leave. seonghwa stepped down from his mirror, walking towards opal who had lost interest in her device, instead wondering what he had to say. the boy stopped in front of her, grabbing hold of her hand.

"seonghwa—"

"i'm going to show the world who zero really is, i want to put an end to this, wooju." opal's eyes widened in surprise at the name that he had just called her. "if you can—"

"don't call me that." she cut him off, fear settling in her stomach. seonghwa's eyebrows furrowed in confusion, watching as opal retreated her hand back to her body, her gaze looking at anything but him. "i have to go." she finally breathed out, unable to be in that room with him any longer. 

"opal—"

however the girl had already left, leaving pretty quickly for someone who was wearing a ball gown and the title of being the clumsiest person they all knew. just as seonghwa was about to run after her, a hand placed itself on his shoulder, making him stay in place. the boy gulped, freezing in his spot as he was unable to turn and face them.

"it's okay, she'll come around."

oooo who do u guys
think it is
👀👀
maybe someone we've
already met?? 🤔