Part Five

Picking the restaurant wasn't as easy as Ashton thought it would be. He would send Iris a link and get the response that it was too expensive or too far away, eventually and somehow Ashton got her to agree on one of the higher end restaurants he picked out. That was how he ended up sitting at a white clothed table with jazz music playing from a small stage in the corner.

He looked over to the front of the restaurant where the hostess was leading a girl, Iris, to the table. He quickly got up and pulled out the chair for her, smiling nervously. He sat back down in his chair to face her, not really realizing how nervous he was until that moment.

"So..." she started, Ashton couldn't help but notice that she looked stunning, something that wasn't easy to see the morning they met. "You like nice," Iris said, bringing him back to reality.

"I wish I could say the same for you but you look absolutely gorgeous," Ashton remarked, catching Iris with surprise.

"Oh, so you're a charmer, huh?" She tilted her head to the side as if to get a better view of him. "Now, how does one go from sleeping in a car to," she gestured around, "this?"

"Perhaps one wants to impress the pretty girl who helped him?"

Iris was quiet for a moment, wondering how this guy had already made her feel this great so early into the night. "Ashton, we just met. If we're gonna start flirting, we might as well get to know each other."

"Of course," Ashton shrugged, "I enjoy long walks on the beach, I am twenty five years old, a cancer, love dogs..." he began listing things off as he noticed the eye rolls she was sending his way. "Your turn, tell me everything." He put his chin in his hands as he looked at her.

"I'm not gonna tell you everything, cause I gotta save some stuff for future dates—"

"Oh, so there's gonna be more," Ashton cut in.

"It's rude to interrupt Ashton middle name last name." Iris said with a straight face that quickly fell when Ashton pouted like a small puppy.

"Ashton Fletcher Irwin. Now please proceed."

Iris shook her head, "Iris Marie Haynes. I'm twenty four years old, a sagittarius, and I also love dogs."

"But do you enjoy long walks on the beach?" Ashton said quizzically.

"I only enjoy them when I'm with the right person," Iris said, suddenly not letting her eyes leave Ashtons. "I might be free this weekend, if you are."

Ashton caught one to their small staring contest, "and I might be free as well... except for Saturday I have a thing for work in the afternoon. But before that, I think I may be free."

"So is it a date?" Iris asked.

"It's a date." Ashton confirmed.