Part Eleven

As surprising as it was, Ashton was not the first of the bandmates to get to the studio. Luke had arrived twenty minutes before his call time on pure accident.

He sat in the waiting room for around five minutes before a woman carrying a folder spotted him. "Excuse me, you're Luke Hemmings right?" She asked, pointing. He nodded. "Are any of your other band members here yet?"

"No." He shook his head, "I just got here early and now I'm just sitting here, I guess."

"Okay," the woman nodded along. "Well my name is Kelsie, I'm the producer here. I can take you to the green room now while the others show up," she said and started walking back into the hall she originally came from. Luke decided to follow her since she spoke like she was telling him to.

Down the hall, past many doors, Kelsie dropped him off by a room that had a few mirrors and a couple sofas. There was a tv hanging in the corner. Sitting at one of the mirrors, he recognized the host. It looked like she was just finishing her makeup, she glanced at Luke in the mirror and smiled. "Hi," she greeted, "I'll be with you in a second," she said. She threw whatever products she had into a small bag and stood up. She came up to him and stuck out her hand, "Iris Haynes."

"Luke Hemmings," he replied, returning the shake, "nice to meet you."

"You too," she said. "Now I'm going head over to the—"

"Iris, I found more of them," Kelsie walked up to them, this time Calum and Michael were behind her.

"There's supposed to be four," Iris pointed out, not quite thrilled that Ashton was the last one to arrive. "Anyways, Kelsie, can you take them? I gotta go check on something."

Kelsie looked at the three who were just awkwardly standing in the hallway. "Okay, lets go. Didn't know my job turned into being a tour guide."

"If it makes you feel better," Calum spoke up, "I think you're a wonderful tour guide."

Kelsie rolled her eyes and led them down into a room that had a big window looking out at another room with a couch, a chair and a coffee table. "You guys can just hang here while we set up." She pointed back at the cameras where a girl was currently going back and forth checking each screen. "We're gonna start recording in about fifteen minutes so hang tight." She then walked out to leave the boys alone.

Calum was the first of the three to say anything. "So," he started, "where's Ashton?"

"Car trouble?" Michael joked, then earning a harsh glare from Calum. "Okay then, I don't know. Have some humour, Cal."

Luke walked over to the screen with all the different camera shots. He watched as a couple zoomed in and came into focus. One of them began to pan across the room where it was no longer pointed at the couch, but pointed at him through the window. He looked up and saw the same girl that was working on the cameras before. She waved a bit before turning the camera back to its original shot.

"Well that was cute," Michael commented. Luke looked over at them, well aware that they had seen the small interaction.