Part Twenty Two

It had been more than a few weeks since all the rumors started. Iris and Ashton had barely kept in contact at all which hurt them both more than they thought it would. Ashton had kept himself busy with the upcoming album that was bound to be released soon. Iris on the other hand was sending out her resume to find a job that was less constricting for her.

The two made the obstacles in their relationship to give themselves a solid reason on why they were too busy for one another.

Ashtons list of why they weren't good for eachother was very short and simple. "Would rather finish a meal before going on a walk with me." Apparently that moment had stuck with him.

For Iris, all of the reasons had something to do with her current job. Once she quit and was somewhere that gave less than shit about who she dated, she would try to go back to Ashton, hoping that some other girl hasnt swept him away in the past few weeks.

"Delivery for Iris Haynes?" Iris looked up from her computer to be met with half of 5 Seconds of Summer. Luke and Calum stood there with a coffee tray and nervous smiles. 

"Hi?" she said, confused on why they were there, "do you need anything?"

"Well," Calum took a coffee from the tray and put it on her desk. "We brought you coffee. And Luke is going to tell you that you're invited to the album release party."

"That is of course if your boss allows that or something," Luke interjected.

"I don't see why I can't go. Ashton and I are friends so it's not like we're going to be making out in the corner. Plus it will be nice to see him, we haven't really seen each other in a while."

"In a while, you mean weeks. Like a literal eternity. Like you two made a combined effort to not stay in contact after you broke up." Calum said.

"Okay, Cal, you're going to venture around the office and not bother anyone as I talk to Iris and not judge her relationship with our best friend."

Calum huffed and left the two to themselves. Iris watched him head off, assuming that he would get lost or bump into someone that she wouldn't want to talk to at the moment, aka her boss. She looked back over at Luke who was still holding the coffee tray, seeing that there was one other coffee on it. "That last one for Mo?" she asked.

Luke looked down and nodded shyly. "Yeah, she's recording right now so I'm kinda just waiting here for her to finish."

"So I'm your second option on cool girls you want to hang out with?"

"Oh, come on. Don't say it like that, she's my girlfriend, it should be common information at this point that I want to spend all my time with her," Luke whined.

Iris laughed, "well thank you for the coffee. I'm pretty sure Mo finishes at nine, so that would be about ten-ish minutes?" she guessed. Calum eventually came back with a big smile plastered on his face. "What's got you so happy?"

Calum shared something on his phone with Luke who raised his eyebrows in response. "Someone finally got a girls number after months of flirting," he scoffed.

Iris gasped, "what is it with you guys hitting on some poor unfortunate girl at my work?"

"I'm just saying," Calum defended, "I flirted with her once, we kissed, and then she didn't give me any time of the day. This is a huge step up for me."

"And we're proud of you, Calum, want to get ice cream to celebrate?" Luke said sarcastically.

Iris chuckled at the two, "anyways, I should get back to work before my boss gives me more reasons to hate her."

"You should invite her to the party. Gives you two time to make up and be friends," Calum suggested, "bond together. Y'know?"

"Yeah I know," Iris said, "I'll consider it. Nice seeing you two."