Part Seven

Ashton had been texting Iris nonstop. It had gotten to the point where he'd lose track of time and maybe forget where he was. For example, Luke's house.

"Luke told me you had a girlfriend," Calum said as he appeared behind Ashton. Ashton instinctively faced his phone screen down. He looked at his friend who was leaning on the back of the couch, smiling mischievously. "You were just texting her, huh?" He questioned.

Ashton rolled his eyes, "I have a friend that's a girl," he said, "and we've only been on one date so I wouldn't say we're officially that yet."

"Mate, a date is a date," Calum said, "you went on a date with a girl. Like an actual human being."

"Cal, what are you going on about? I've dated before, this isn't anything new for me." If this wasn't anything new for him then why did it feel like he was a teenager falling in love for the first time?

"Okay, but imagine what it's gonna be like when it's not only Michael talking about his relationship?" Calum pointed out.

"Oh, Ashton, how is Iris?" Luke walked in with a drink in his hand, sitting on the opposite side of the couch.

"Her name is Iris?" Calum asked.

"Wait, who's Iris?" Michael came in, leaning on the door frame.

Ashton shifted under the uncomfortable gaze of all his mates looking at him. "She's a girl that I like, so bugger off."

"Okay, but you know that we have to meet her at some point right?" Michael said, "gotta make sure she's worthy for you."

"You'll scare her off!" Ashton exclaimed. Before he was about to say anything else, he felt his phone buzz. He looked down and saw a new text from Iris. "I'll be right back." He got up and walked to the bathroom. He then got an incoming call from her.

"Hey," she greeted.

"Hi," Ashton replied, "how was your day?"

"Boring till I called you."

Ashton chuckled, "not even a minute into the call and you're already flirting."

Iris hummed, "It feels like a second language when I'm with you. Anyways, I have Friday evening off from work, wanna come over to my place?"

"And spend the morning walking on the beach with you? Sounds great," Ashton said. After a bit of talking they hung up and Ashton felt even more excited to see her on Friday.