Part DEUX: Cristina Yang & Teddy Altman

7. Five times Teddy Altman was secretly pining over Cristina Yang, and the one time she almost confessed.

Teddy Altman meets Cristina Yang and is introduced to her as "the most promising Cardiothoracic surgical resident Seattle Grace Hospital has ever seen. She thinks Owen is lying, but that very day she performs an incredible save and she's convinced.

Teddy Altman realizes that Owen Hunt is actually dating Cristina Yang and this confuses Teddy even more. She really should be jealous of Cristina for having taken the most magical man from her life, but all she can think of is how soft Cristina's hair looks.

Teddy Altman wants to strangle Cristina Yang when she finds out she saved a lung from being wasted and wants to promise it to a patient as the first ever American ex-vivo lung transplant. She says she doesn't care for awards but she cares for Cristina's opinion.

Teddy Altman almost hits Owen Hunt when she finds out he hurt Cristina's neck. She seriously wants to hurt him when she learns he wants her to have a kid she doesn't want. She thinks she wants Owen for herself and she keeps telling herself that.

Teddy Altman is terrified when Cristina Yang doesn't drop the scalpel during the shooting at Seattle Grace Mercy West. She tells Owen "it's ok to choose" so that he can protect her which she will never admit. She never gives up on her when she gets PTSD after.

When Teddy Altman hears from Cristina that her husband Henry has died she cracks in two and asks her to tell her about it for days. All she wants is for Cristina to hold her, to tell her it's alright. When Cristina divorces Owen Hunt she wants to call her. She doesn't.

***

8. Five times Cristina thinks she'd be better off dating Teddy Altman and the one time she almost tells her that.

The first time she sees Teddy save a kid with cardiac asthma from only listening to her heartbeat she's in awe for ages. And she really cannot believe how humble Teddy had been from both watching her teach her things and from letting her learn with praise.

The time that Teddy tells her she can scrub in for a week she's feeling more alive than she has been since Burke left her. Only Teddy doesn't tear pieces of her soul and Teddy would never force her to lie to protect her. She says to herself it's for Owen she's here.

The time Teddy pages her and Owen makes her ignore it she considers dumping him on principle and kissing Teddy just to prove a point. But she doesn't because first of all, she's not gay, right. And second of all she's not so sure Teddy Altman is, either.

The time she offers to trade Owen for Teddy she lies and tells her it was just for surgery and just in the heat of the moment. Only she knows somewhere inside her she's doing it for Teddy, because Teddy wants Owen and Owen would make Teddy really happy.

The time Teddy asks for her to fight for her when she's about to be replaced she wants to scream and kick Owen when she learns he didn't fight for her. She yells about losing a teacher, reassures Teddy she's asked for her but she's never truly said why. Ever.

When she finally leaves Owen for Zurich she considers visiting Teddy in Germany. They're practically in the same time zone now and it would be so easy to make a meaningful trip, for a conference or a hospital tour. She books flights there, then cancels.

***

9. Five ways that Teddy Altman and Cristina Yang lived happily ever after, and one way that Owen Hunt did with them.

Cristina shows up to Teddy and Owen's ceremony unannounced just to object to the wedding. Teddy whisks her away to kiss her in the back room and she's breathless when Teddy asks her if she'll stay; she does.

Teddy takes care of all of the packing and shipping Cristina's personal belongings from Switzerland and negotiates with them to let her buy back her shares of Grey-Sloan Memorial and restore her board seat.

Cristina even volunteers to work under Teddy and Maggie so she can focus all of her time and research on her 3-D printed hearts. When she wins her first Catherine Fox award it's Teddy she takes to the ceremony.

Teddy never makes Cristina take care of Allison more than she wants to, but the baby is growing on Cristina and so she decides she'll move in with Teddy anyhow. Teddy cries when Allison calls Cristina "mama".

The day Cristina and Teddy get married the sun is shining in Seattle and she can't believe they both have made it this far together. They say their vows without ever looking back and Teddy wonders why she doubted Cristina liked ladies at all.

When Teddy finally gets her dream home built, designed for just her by Cristina she's delighted by the open concept kitchen, living and nursery. But Cristina is most proud of the fire pole she'd had installed for when Owen comes over to play with his kids with them.

***