5 Reasons Meredith Grey and Cristina Yang are each other's Person

10. Five Reasons Meredith Grey and Cristina Yang are each other's person and the number one reason they are soulmates. Mertina.

Meredith Grey makes her first friend the day she started working at Seattle Grace Hospital. Cristina helped her solve an enormous brain aneurysm on Katie Bryce's brain and she ended up scrubbing in with Derek on her first-ever surgery. Cristina could have stopped talking to her altogether when she broke their deal, but she didn't; she stayed.

Cristina Yang makes Meredith Grey go into work on the day she thought she was going to die. She stood by her in the O.R where a bomb could be going off any minute and she helped her get cleaned up after the inevitable explosion. Cristina beats herself up for weeks following this incident because she thinks it's her fault. Meredith tells her it isn't.

Meredith Grey was not the first person to know about Cristina Yang's engagement with Preston Burke, but she was the first person that Cristina Yang wanted to tell. When Cristina didn't want to wear the ring she agreed. When Cristina was getting cold feet she stood by her side. And when she needed someone to call it all off, Meredith did.

Cristina Yang held Meredith in her arms the day Derek Shepherd got shot on the hospital overpass. She hides her from the shooter's aim and covers up her screams. Cristina operates on Derek with a gun live to her head without stopping and she yells when Meredith offers herself up instead of him. Meredith saves Owen Hunt, in return.

Meredith Grey holds Cristina Yang's hand as the sky is falling out from underneath them. When they wake up, Meredith helps Cristina find her shoe while she saves Derek from bleeding out. Cristina tries to save Lexie Grey and helps Meredith through the tears when she couldn't. They can't start a fire or find any food, so they share gum instead.

Cristina flies down from Zurich the day Derek Shepherd gets hit by a semi while driving to the airport. She helps Meredith organize the funeral and survive the inevitable falling out she has with Amelia, Derek's sister. When Meredith asks Cristina if she's going back to Switzerland to her research and her hospital she says yes. But she never does.

*