Chapter 6

[Jennie]

The whole ride home was filled with silence

The whole ride home was filled with silence. An awkward silence, I must say. Nobody dared to utter a word but this silence is killing me.

"I'm sorry, baby" I finally said but she didn't bothered to respond nor even spared a look on me. I'm beginning to feel pain as I find her silence relatively awkward and scary. She looks so mad. Like, MAD mad. A version of Lisa I've never seen before.

"Are you mad at me?" I tried to initiate another conversation but still, no answer.

We arrived in the palace at around 3:30 AM. Everyone is already asleep except for the security and some who are appointed to stay at this hour.

Lisa directly went to her room leaving me alone in the entrance of the palace.

"The breakfast is served, your highness" I woke up to the gentle reminder from one of the palace's servants. I immediately rolled off the bed and thought of making things with Lisa after a bad end of the day we had earlier.

I took a quick shower and prepped myself for the usual family breakfast here with the King and Queen.

"Good morning, mom and dad" I blissfully greeted them as soon as I saw them in the dining area.

"Good morning, Jennie. Come, join us here" the Queen greeted as I take my seat.

"Where is Lisa?" His Majesty the King asked.

"Excuse me, your highness but the Princess is not in her room" the maid said making us raise our brows. Where are you, baby?

"Call Mr. Yang and Manager Oppa" the King commanded. I think everyone already learned to call them Mr. Yang and Manager Oppa like the way Lisa and I used to call them. Even the King and the Queen do so.

"Your Majesty..." both uttered in unnison and bowed to us.

"Where is my daughter?" The King asked in his stern voice. He could be very scary like Lisa when he is mad.

"Th-the P-Princess?" Both looked so confused like they didn't have any idea that Lisa has escaped again.

"Find her and bring her back here or I'll fire you both!!" The King slammed his balled fist in the dining table. Mr. Yang and Manager Oppa were shaken as they bowed before leaving.

I am starting to feel anxious about her disappearance. It's not the first time but why do I feel like something not good is going to happen?

"Excuse me, your highness. I saw this sealed letter addressed to Princess Jennie. It has the royal stamp of the Crown Princess Lisa" Alicia, one of the most trusted servants in the palace said. It caught my attention and I looked at the letter with so much fright and fear. I trembled as I took it from her. It is true, it has the stamp that only the members of the Royal Monarch has.

I opened the letter, closed my eyes and hoped it was nothing that would hurt me so much

The letter says...

My dear Jennie,

By the time you're reading this, I might already be afar from you. I'm so sorry for all the pain I've caused you for the past 3 years and for the pain that I continuously cause you up to the time you are reading this. I have decided to take steps away from you as I try to fix myself. I cannot bear it to cause more pain in you even though this decision of me would still hurt. But at least this time, this is the last time I would hurt you. I will file a divorce so that you won't have to hold on for me. You already did that for the past 3 years and my unimproving condition never helped.

I would like you to know that I am doing this to set you free from the pain you keep on experiencing in me. You are an amazing person and I am so lucky that you've been my wife. However, I believe you deserve someone better than me. Someone who could bring you happiness instead of tears. Someone who could fulfill a promise of happy life and forever. Someone who could give you every best thing this world could offer like how you deserve.

Love,

Lisa

My whole world shattered upon reading her letter.
She wants divorce.
She doesn't want me to be her wife anymore.
She left, she left me in pieces.
She thought it was the best thing to do when it only made me feel the worst in everything.

And that is...

The worst that ever happened to me.

----

----

I'm so sorry 🤭

I'll think if I should update again later today or wait for you first until your sobs stop.

Konting sakit lang to 🤣