19 What if?

Part19

Arnav went to his room and turned on his computer. He searched for IAS officer Shashi Gupta. He got each and every detail about Shashi Gupta until his service got over. But there was no information about his whereabouts after his retirement. Arnav tried for his number but only disappointment remained. He leaned on the recliner getting fed up.

Arnav (self-talk): Why are you torturing me Khushi? Why can't you just admit that you are Khushi? What do you want me to do? I agree I had done wrong by making fun but I really wanted to give you double happiness Khushi. Who else other than you could understand me? What's the value of your love if you stay adamant hurting me like this? After so many years, seeing me still single, can't you understand I'm waiting for you? If I'm a cheater, won't I be settled down with someone, as of now? Come back Khushi... if your Devi Maiya is true, she will surely put some sense in your mind and make you admit the truth.

He gulped hard and left the room.

AR Hospital

Dr. Sneha was satisfied with the facilities of AR hospital. She tested Shali thoroughly.

Sneha: You are completely all right.

She said tickling Shali's stomach slightly.

Shali: Don't I need the operation?

She asked curiously.

Sneha(pouting): you need....

Shali's face hung.

Sneha: why fear when I'm here?

Shali: But it pains...

Sneha: A bit... not much...

Shali: Really?

Sneha: Yup...

Lavanya knocked on the door.

La: May I come in?

Sneha smiled at her as that was La's cabin.

La: Hi Shalu...

Shali: Hi Mami...

Sneha: Are you Shali's Maami?

La amazed at her acting capacity.

LA (in mind): How cleverly she is acting as if she doesn't know anything. Khushi changed a lot... seriously...

Not showing her disappointment, La answered.

La: Yeah... I have been married to her Mama Dr. Nand Kishore...

Shali: Hann... NK Maama...

Sneha: Ohh...

La(murmuring): this is too much...

La tried to grab something from Sneha's mouth.

LA: I hope you like India...

Sneha: India is not like London. Actually, I'm suffocating here.

Definitely Lavanya didn't expect this reply.

La: Where did you complete Medicine?

Sneha: Where else, In London.

La: Ohh...

Before La asked another question, Sneha took lead.

Sneha: May I ask you something?

LA: Yeah, sure.

Sneha: What about Dr. Arnav? Is he mentally agitated?

Though Lavanya lost her patience she stayed calm. Doesn't she overacting? La really got irritated.