𝐗𝐈.

[A/n: Happy reading!]

[Jackie]

People who believe in love are fools. Love is for fools. Fools who are jesters will find a way to make room for love in their lives. Only to have their heart shattered into dust.

But in the end, fools are still and WILL be fools.

It had been a good week and a half since Nicky's third session of fertilization. She was in immense pain and discomfort in the past several days for an undetected explanation. But she knew this was not pregnancy would experience like.

She was anxious and very frightened at her current state of well-being. Especially juggling multiple duties of work all at one time. Both Jackie and Karl had offered to take over for a while, as Nicky slacken her brasses.

Her mind was clouded with irritation and difficulty. This wasn't at all like her to easily surrender herself to some mild affliction.

Her skepticisms had been confirmed.

She was in fact, not expecting. As she encountered her bleeding. However, peculiarly prematurely, filled with agonizing and heavier than her normal monthly struggle.

The pathetic things she does for love..

- Headlines -

"Jackie darling, kindly pass me the tabs?", the blonde groggily asked as she laid her head down on her table. She clutched her stomach on one hand while a wine glass ironically filled with water in the other. She perched on pain in her leather office chair. It wasn't per doctor's recommendation for her to be still working in hard labor. But she knew if she even took a second off her enterprise, it would all come crashing down to her feet.

She was not risking eight years of her existence and inevitable accomplishments over foolish distress. Though no words can express how greatly she yearned to be at home, laying down on her bed, at that moment. But does she truly have a choice? Of course not.

Jackie was apprehensive about her friend's predicament. She had tried everything to help her, even stemming in private spa treatments and massages to which Nicky would typically decline if it were not for her to contend.

She really did care for Nicky. She was both her friend and her boss, a close confidant. They were around each other 24/7. If not, Jackie would fear for her in her mentality with all her entity. She was in an arduous and hazardous circumstance. The conclusive element Jackie wished for was to lose another friend as she did with Gigi.

They had gone extremely close in the while they were together in France. As Nicky went back to America for her frequent visits; Jackie would be following her tail. They had spent nights together; alone in Nicky's chateau in an unbeknownst location in Paris.

Typically baking horrible French pastries along any slight opportunity of them tasting good just by genuine coincidence. Most aftermaths included either Jackie or Nicky hunched over the marble toilet, with either woman holding the other's hair.

They enjoyed reading Sci-Fi novels in Nicky's library. Jackie was fond of Star Trek in the most, which the French woman gladly fed her with all the satisfaction of obtaining gifts in just the lines of her favorite show.