𝙘𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙩𝙬𝙤

𝙫𝙞𝙤𝙡𝙚𝙩'𝙨 𝙥𝙤𝙫

~three weeks later~

yelling rang through the house as griffin held my small petite body. tears streamed down both our faces as we heard banging on the walls. he was drunk again, there was no doubt about that.

"get the fuck out of here!" our mother yelled, only to be met with more banging on the walls.

"hey it's okay, nothings gonna happen to you" griffin whispered, clinging to me tighter.

he was just as scared as i was if not more, but he would never let me know, even though i did.

"griffin! violet! get out here, we're leaving!" my father yelled.

we both froze, knowing how bad this could get.

the closet door swung open revealing our father standing over us, the smell i've vodka radiating off of him as he reached his hands towards us, grabbing us and-

i shot up to the sound of my phone alarm. sweat drenched my body. at first, i was confused, looking around where i was, panicked. i looked around seeing all the boxes in my room and my memory slowly came back to me.

i exhaled remembering that it was just a dream, my father is not here, i'm not six again. just a nasty nightmare.

i fell back in my bed before hearing a knock on my door.

"come in" i called, still catching my breath.

griffin appears as he opened the door.

"hey sis, you okay?" he asked sitting next to me on my bed. "you're sweating"

"yeah i just had another nightmare" i said, getting up.

"how long have you been having them again?" he asked.

"i don't know g, a month?" i said, grabbing a towel from a box in the room.

"a month?! violet you've been living here for a month now and you haven't told me?" griffin said getting up.

"it's only because the change of moving. they will go away just like they did the first time" i said.

"but-"

"now i'm going to take a shower, go hang out with avani, and live my life like nothing's wrong" i continued, walking into my bathroom.

"you can't run away from your problems v" griffin called out, leaving my room.

"try me"

~

i walked out into the kitchen after i showered. i was wearing a pair of black leggings and a white crop top, some white slip on vans, and light makeup.

i saw bryce, josh, and jaden making a tiktok so i made sure to stay out of the way. once it was finished i walked up behind them to see what tiktok they made. it was just one of their usual fuck boy ones.

"boys, do you know how to do anything other than be a fuck boy?" i asked, laughing.

"nope" bryce laughed. "you wanna make one?" he asked.

"i did tell avani i would be at her place at noon, so i got time" i said looking at the time, it was only 11:15 and it's only a 20 minute drive.

"okay um you know the savage dance?" bryce asked, scrolling through this phone looking for the sound.