𝙘𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙛𝙤𝙪𝙧𝙩𝙚𝙚𝙣

𝙟𝙖𝙙𝙚𝙣'𝙨 𝙥𝙤𝙫

i could barely sleep that night, knowing that something bad could have happened to violet. i looked around, josh was sound asleep.

i got up carefully, grabbing my phone and opened the door, before slowly closing it. i walked through the dark house to violet's old room. once she moved out, we meant to do something with her room, but we never did, it looked almost the same and from when she lived here.

i walked into the dark room and instantly breathe a sigh of relief. her bedroom still smelled like her, even though she hadn't been here in months. i find her old bed and lay down in it, closing my eyes. i pulled the covers over my body, hoping to find some relief by being around her old stuff. it didn't work. my mind was flooded with thoughts of her being hurt or scared. daniel's voice booming through my phone speaker, his angry words before the line went dead.

my thoughts were interrupted when my phone starts ringing. it was number i didn't know, but i answered it anyway, hoping it could be violet.

"hello?" i said, my voice tired and strained.

"jaden?" i heard violet whisper.

"what's wrong? where are you?" i asked, sitting up completely alert now.

"daniel, he got mad and we got in a fight um i'm at a gas station on 75th" she whimpered.

"are you okay?" i said, getting up and going to grab my keys. i need to help her.

"n-no can you come get me? please?" she asked, her voice weak.

"yes i'm on my way now okay babygirl i'll be there in like 5 minutes" i said into the phone, getting in my car.

~

i pull up to the gas station that violet said she was at. i saw her run out of the little convenience store as i got out of my car, and ran into her arms, holding her.

"i got you baby you're okay" i said, holding her tight.

our bodies connected together like puzzle pieces. i'd been living my life without a part of my heart. i felt whole, complete. her body shook slightly as she clung to my body, her tears falling on my shirt.

"it's okay. you're safe with me babygirl" i said, trying to sooth her.

her tears stopped and she pulled away from my body. her eyes were red and puffy and her cheeks were stained with tears. we got into my car and i started to drive us in the direction of the sway house.

"where do you wanna go?" i asked, looking over at her face.

she sat there silently, almost like she wasn't sure of how to answer my questions.

"home" she sighed, looking back at me.

"okay princess, we'll go home" i said , grabbing her hand and holding it in mine.

i smiled, noticing her attire.

"what?" she asked looking over at me.

"you're wearing my hoodie" i smiled, still looking at the road.

"it makes me feel better" she said looking down, before wiping the old tears from her face.

𝙫𝙞𝙤𝙡𝙚𝙩'𝙨 𝙥𝙤𝙫

being back in jaden's presents feels right. his smile and laugh make me forget about the last few months.
it was almost like i had passed through a portal, and gone back in time to the first month i lived in la. me in jaden's clothes, him driving but still holding my hand, peaceful.