chapter 1: heat

Jaehyun's pov

I hadn't felt well since the moment I woke up. My body felt weaker than normally and every inch of my skin seemed to burn.

But I had been drinking with Johnny, my best friend and roommate, the night before so I had told myself I simply had been drinking too much.

Even Johnny, who had a high alcohol tolerance, still seemed a little tipsy while changing, so I didn't think of anything and started the day as normal.

I ate breakfast with Johnny, Xiaojun, Kun and Lucas, who constantly showed of his omegas and laughed just like the others whenever Lucas made them do thinks they didn't want.

Jungwoo and Chenle weren't sitting on chairs like the rest of us, but on both sides of Lucas and they only got food for behaving "well". For example for licking our shoes.

Even I, who was too tired this morning to talk a lot put my shoe in Chenles face, letting him lick the dirty sole.

Lucas was the first one of our group of friends to have subs so it was even more exciting for us to toy with them.

The first lesson started and that's when things got worse.

I wasn't able to focus on the lesson anymore. Instead my senses seemed to focus on things like the breathing of the people around me or on their smell. I felt sick. Everything was spinning.

Johnny obviously noticed first. He passed me his water, but quickly told the teacher he would take me to my room as I was turning more and more red.

It was like a fire burning inside of me, trying to eat me fully. It wasn't a good feeling.

As soon as we got back into our room I fell onto my bed, breathing heavily, resisting the urge to rip off all of my clothing.

Johnny was looking at me with worried eyes, but I simply wished he'd leave.

"Just go back to class, hyung", I said, kicking the blanket of my bed.

But Johnny shook his head. "And leave you like that? You are nearly dying, dude. What kind of best friend would I be... Besides from that, it's a good opportunity to skip class, right?"

I groaned in resignation and turned away from him, facing the wall instead of him.

But it didn't keep me from paying attention to him. All my senses where focused on him. His smell and sounds was everything my thoughts were spinning around.

I heard him sit down on the bed on the opposite site of the room, heard him pull out his phone, but then I didn't focus on the sound of his typing but on his breathing instead.

How could he be so annoying and loud?

Angrily I turned around again and wanted to say something, but the words got stuck in my throat.

Something about Johnny was even more handsome than normally. The way his hair fell into his face, the way his muscles where slightly visible under his nearly seethrough shirt and the way his skinny jeans complimented his legs.

I felt myself heating up even more and nearly stopped breathing as I realised I was getting a boner.

I couldn't be getting a boner on my best friend. I couldn't be getting a boner on another alpha.

I needed to go and take a shower. It was getting too hot in here.

I stood up, a little too fast and tried running to the bathroom, but my legs felt like butter and while falling I realised what was happening to me.