chapter 10: small date

Yutas pov

Taeyong had been nervous for the whole night and the whole day. The only good thing about that had been that he hadn't been able to sleep until I cuddled him and holding him in my arms honestly felt amazing.

We had been standing in front of the school for quite a while already when Jaehyun left the building, followed by Johnny.

I greeted them with a small bow just like Taeyong did and Johnny gave us a small smile in return.

"We thought about taking you both out to lunch, may we?", he said and I sure did notice that his charm did have some effect on Taeyong. He seemed to get a little bit more comfortable and agreed: "We'd love that."

"In that case, let's head towards the city", Johnny said and started walking, "is there anything in particular you would like to eat?"

Taeyong shook his head. "No, thank you, you both should decide."

"How do you know Yuta doesn't have a wish?", Johnny asked and Taeyong tensed up again, to scared to answer, scared he said something wrong.

"He probably assumed it should be the alphas who decide on the food", I answered instead of Taeyong.

"Okay", Johnny said, "whatever... Jaehyun?"

I noticed how even though Johnny and Jaehyun weren't the typical alphas, he was still accepting my explanation as if I had said that I agree with those social standards.

"I didn't have pizza in a long while", Jaehyun answered.

"Than Pizza it is...", Johnny agreed, "I guess it's all something new for us... to go on a date... So I want you all to talk openly about how you feel."

Taeyong agreed, but I staid silent. I knew Taeyong wouldn't dare to comment on anything and as long as I saw no threat for Taeyong, I wouldn't either. I knew Taeyong had less problems with this than I did, but I still couldn't help but feel bothered by anything those alphas assumed was normal.

"Or am I mistaken?", Johnny asked, "has anyone of you both ever had a date... I mean with an alpha?"

"No", I said.

"Don't many alphas ask you both out?", Jaehyun asked, "you are the number one topic in the locker room."

He actually didn't seem to notice how uncomfortable those words made Taeyong and me feel. It wasn't that he wanted to be mean.

"Well we get glares and bad pick up lines", I said and took a deep breath before adding: "But most alphas aren't really the most caring... or very interested in having any kind of deeper bond. Dating takes time and effort..."

Johnny and Jaehyun both didn't seem pissed. It didn't seem to have insulted them.

Even more so, Johnny agreed. "A friend-", he started, before he started again, "a former friend of mine... Lucas... He took some time dating an omega. He was quite caring... At least more caring than any other alpha I had ever seen outside of television and novels... Anyways, that wasn't his real face in the end. When the second omega he showed interest in didn't want to date him, he raped him..."

"Jungwoo and Chenle", Taeyong whispered and Johnny stopped walking, looking at my hyung. "Are you close to them?", he asked.

We all stopped in the middle of the sidewalk and Taeyong nodded slightly. "Jungwoo is our friend", he admitted.

"Would you?", I asked.

"What?", Johnny asked.

"Take omegas by force", I said. I knew that I was starting a risky conversation and a quite extreme one for a first date, but I just needed to know those things to know if Taeyong and I should stay away from the two alphas. In the end it wouldn't help Taeyong or me if they would mate us and take more omegas by force later.