chapter 9: switching sides

Kuns' pov

When I was entering the canteen this morning I found myself pressured between choosing to sit at the table Xiaojun and Lucas had claimed and the table were we usually sat, were now Jaehyun and Johnny were eating their breakfast alone.

It had been easier the last days. Jaehyun and Johnny hadn't shown up at the usual times to eat, but now I somehow felt conflicted.

I chose quicker than I should have, as I didn't want to look stupid standing there, staring back and forth between two tables.

That way I found myself at Lucas and Xiaojuns' table, without really realizing my decision.

"Won't that bitch tell the principal one day?", Lucas hissed, pointing at Jaehyun, "disgusting how they still let him do all the things only alphas do."

What even did he mean with 'things only alphas do', how couldn't I even think of anything when hearing this?

"Like being in PE with us?", Xiaojun joked, really not realizing how bad it was to remember Lucas how he had lost against Jaehyun.

„Like having sexual education with us, joins us in the locker room or that", Lucas pointed at Jaehyun.

That?", I asked without moving my head.

"He is sitting there like he's Johnnys' equal", Lucas said, looking disgusted, "one would think they are both alphas."

"Like all of us thought he was until he told us differently", I said, "so maybe omegas are more similar to us than we thought. Maybe they are literally just the passiv and more submissive part during sex but that's it."

"You're sounding like an extremist?", Xiaojun said, clearly judging my words, "do you wanna join some of these crazy demonstrations we see on tv? Those are all insane!"

"Are they?", I rather asked myself then my so called 'friends'.

Xiaojun and Lucas looked at me like they had looked at Johnny and Jaehyun before and Xiaojun said: "The way we are living are simply our social norms, which are based on biology, you can't simply change nature or society."

"But isn't that the question? How much of this is nature and how much of this is made up by society? Cause society could be changed", I answered, making Xiaojun role his eyes at me.

"Omegas want it the way it is. Maybe one in onethousand doesn't, but we don't have to change the world for just one weirdo, like Jaehyun, right?", Xiaojun said, earning a nod from Lucas.

"But Jaehyun is our friend", I argued helplessly.

"He was", Lucas corrected me, but I replied: "When we promised him to stick with him forever when he seemingly was an alpha and now don't anymore, now that we know he is an omega, weren't we lying from the beginning?"

„He was the one lying", Lucas said.

„And besides", Xiaojun said, „it's not like we wouldn't sit on that table anymore if Johnny would be able to control this beast. If he tames him we'll gladly be friends with him again. See... Lucas also had to tame Chenle for him to follow his rules and now he's also happy with it."

Was he? I didn't know. I had never spoken to any omegas myself. Well... Besides from Jaehyun, but that didn't count.

„Why are you suddenly siding with them, though", Lucas asked, ignoring the mentioning of one of his mates.

„You both know I've never been as eager about screwing with omegas like you", I said, „I do want a mate some day, for sure, but I want both of us to be happy? I would actually desire someone submissive, I guess? But if that's not the right thing for Jaehyun, why should he be overly obeying, just because we expect him to be? Wouldn't that completely destroy who he is as a person? Also this shouldn't be about siding? It's their relationship, not ours, right?"