Chapter Eight

[Beth]
{Dream}

"I'm home!" I yell as I walk into the empty house. Everything is just the way I left it.
"Mom! Dad! Lizzie!" I walk over to the T.V.
"Reports have been flooding in of so called 'zombies' running a muck in the downtown Atlanta area. Police forces are investigating this terrible scene as we speak, but all people in the Atlanta area are advised to evacuate immediately. Things could be nasty down here." I listen intently, but I'm interrupted by my sisters voice.
"B-Beth?!" She runs to me and wraps her small arms around me.
"I'm so glad you're ok! I got so scared when-."
"I know Lizzie. I'm here now, ok?" She nods. I notice something not right.
"Where's mom and dad?"
"We got your messages. They left to go pick you up! I thought they were with you!" She starts to freak out, breathing heavily and running her fingers through her hair.
"Hey hey hey! We're going to figure this out, alright? Go, find a movie or something and I'll call mom, ok?" She nods and runs over to the living room. I pull my cellphone out of my bag, and realize there is a message. From mom. I open the message.
"Beth, sweetie, we ran into a little trouble at the airport. I want you to know that I love you, ok?"
"Beth, I found a movie! How about Frozen?" Interrupts Lizzie.
"Uh.. Y-yeah in a minute." I reply, trying not to sound nervous. I continue listening to the message.
"Just keep Lizzie safe, alright." Screams and gunshots erupt in the background.
"I-I love you Bethy! We all have jobs to do, rem-." The message is cut off. I turn around, and Lizzie comes barreling toward me, knife in hand. Out of nowhere I pull a gun and shoot her. That repeats over and over, like some sick movie on replay.

{End of dream}

I wake up, screaming. I hug my knees and bite my lip to silence my sobs. I breathe heavily to calm myself. Daryl burst in the door.
"You ok? You were just screaming your ass off!"
"I-I'm fine. J-just bad dream." He sits on the end of the bed.
"Must've been some weird shit in that dream." I breathe a laugh.
"You have no idea... Did I wake anyone else up?"
"Surprisingly, no."
"Oh." We sit in silence for a while. I think of how real the dream felt, and how stupid I was for throwing a tantrum about it.
"Well, if everything's settled in here, Imma go see if I can get a little more rest." Daryl says as he stands up.
"Yeah sorry about that.."
"Yup." I smile.
"Night Daryl."
"Yup."

I wake the next morning with the sun shining brightly through the window. I go to the kitchen to find Maggie chopping some vegetables.
"Morning." She says.
"Morning." I reply.
"Sleep well?"
"Oh, yeah." I lie.
"Good."
"Need any help?"
"No but the boys might. They're working on something outside. Go check with them." I nod and walk outside. The air is cool and fresh.
"Hey Rick!"
"Morning Beth." He replies.
"Need any help?"
"Yeah Glenn and I are going to make a run into town. We could use and extra hand."
"Sure!" I reply.
"Great! We're leaving soon, so be ready."

I walk back into the house. Carl is playing on the rug. Alone. I feel a pain in my heart. Poor kid. His only friend here, gone. I sit on the rug next to him. He looks up at me and his face lights up.
"Hey kiddo! What'cha up to?"
"I was about to bring my truck outside and play in the dirt. Wanna come?" He asks, his eyes sparkling.
"If love to, but I'm making a run into town. When I get back, alright?" He nods and I walk back to my room. I bump into Daryl down the hall.
"Hey!"
"Where are you going?"
"I'm going on a run in a while. You might wanna check in with Rick, he could need help." He nods and walks past me down the hall. I walk into my room. I sit on the edge of my bed and grab my locker. It's sort of my good luck charm. I got it for my sixth birthday, and I bring it everywhere. I open it and look at the pictures of my family. I put it on and walk out.

"Alright here's the plan. Glenn and I will take the truck, Daryl and Beth will take the Glenn'd car. We split up. You two.." He motions to Daryl and I. "Will cover the eastern part of the town. Glenn and I will take the west. We meet up in the town square at sundown. Sound good?" We all nod our approval. Rick puts his hand on my shoulder.
"Here." He says, as he hands me a gun. "You're gonna want this. It's fully loaded." I nod and take it. Daryl and I jump in the car. He starts and waits for Rick to pull forward.

We arrive in the small town and split up. Daryl and I walk down the empty streets searching for a good store. There aren't many walkers in this town, which is good for us. Daryl nods at a small gas station. We walk over to it in silence. Daryl walks over to the door and holds his hand out, telling me to stay where I am. He opens the door quickly, like pulling off a bandage. Clear. We walk in and take what we can. I go in a small storage area, when a familiar face greets me. I barely have time to comprehend when the back of a shovel hits my head and everything goes black.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

A/N Dun dun duuuuunnn! So who do you think that is? WARNING: EXTREME FREAK OUT FOLLOWS! INTENSE LANGUAGE MAY BE USED!!

300+ FRICK FRACKING READS!!! HOW!?!! OMG LIKE I DONT EVEN HAVE A PLOT FOR THIS OR ANYTHING I JUST SORTA STARTED WRITING ONE DAY LIKE IM NOT EVEN THAT GOOD HOLY CRAPOLA!!! THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH IF I COULD HUG EVERY SINGLE
ONE OF YOU I WOULD IN A HEARBEAT! I CANT COMPREHEND THIS LIKE OMFG!!! LIKE I REMEMBER WHEN I STARTED WRITING THIS AND I HAD LIKE FOUR READS AND I FREAKED THE F*** OUT BECAUSE PEOPLE ACTUALLY READ IT IMAGINE ME NOW!! OK IM DONE!

Thank you all so much and don't forget to comment and vote! It may be a few days before my next update because I'm getting oral surgery soon. But I'll have to see but I promise it will be up soon! Love you all!

\(^-^)/