Chapter 7: New York, New York

Nick's POV

I just dropped Reese off to the airport a few hours ago and as cheesy as this sounds I'm already starting to miss her. I've spent so much time with her these past few months and it honestly feels weird not having her around.

Even though we're officially dating, we haven't told the public yet. Right now we're just enjoying our time and the privacy that comes along with staying low-key.

"Hey Nick, wanna film Reaction Time with me?" Tal said while walking down the stairs munching on a bag of chips.

"Yeah sure, be up in a sec."

"Okay, you're brother's coming over too so it's gonna be the three of us." Tal said halfway down the stairs then went back to his studio.

I could use this time to get my mind off Reese, at least. She's still probably on the plane so I won't be getting any messages for a while anyway.

A few moments later Ant arrived and we started filming for Reaction Time. It was a "Guess the celebrity based on the baby photo" challenge and from that alone I could tell we're gonna be so bad at this (video on the thumbnail).

Tal was wrapping up the video so I thought it'd be fine to take out my phone to check for any new messages and when I did, I had the biggest smile in the world. Turns out Tal hadn't ended the video yet and was actually zooming in on my face to show my reaction when I got a text from Reese.

"All right you guys, thank you for watching the video and if you wanna know why Nick was smiling like an idiot make sure to subscribe to this channel and smash the like button and we'll see you guys next time," Tal said and covered the camera with his palm.

After filming I went to my room to finally talk to Reese so I opened FaceTime and waited for her to pick up.

"Hey babe," I said as I was lying down on my stomach on my bed.

"Hi Nicky! I'm sorry I didn't get to text you when I landed but I'm here at the hotel now with Chloe," she said.

"It's all right babe, we were filming Reaction Time anyway," I said.

Reese introduced me to Chloe and told me how their first three days will be going around the city for the event while the last four will be filming for their channel.

"Anything up at the house lately?" She asked.

"Nothing much. The guys are just filming for their personal channels," I said.

From my screen I could see Reese putting on her makeup as she set her phone by the mirror so it could still face me. I don't know a lot about makeup since I live with two brothers but I'm pretty sure Reese has the weirdest makeup habits I've seen so far.

"Oh okay, well I'll have to head out in a few minutes to meet up with the organizers for the event tomorrow," she said as she picked up the camera.

I laughed when I saw her face because of how she does her makeup. Half of her face was already caked with makeup while half didn't have anything on yet. Kinda like a before and after so I took a screenshot of her face.

"What? It helps me even out the other side," she said pouting.

"Trust me babe, you don't need that much," I said as she smiled.

Reese's POV

A few more minutes had passed and I finished putting on my makeup.

"Hey Nick, what--" I was about to ask him how I look when I heard faint snores coming from the other screen. Nick fell asleep with his camera still facing him and he looked really cute. As payback, I took his photo and ended the call. I sent him a text saying I had to go but I'll text him again as soon as I get back to the hotel.

Before coming to LA, my mom and I lived in New York for about a year and a half so the sight didn't really surprise me. Towering buildings and apartments greeted my eyes along with the busy streets full of people. Our event is just a few blocks aways from where Chloe and I are staying so it should take us about 10 minutes to get there when we walk.

The studio isn't huge, but enough for at least a hundred people who will be joining us tomorrow. We checked the equipment and the presentations to be used, had dinner, and headed back to the hotel.

We're going to be doing something new tomorrow and I haven't had any experience talking to a lot of people so sure, Reese, no pressure.

Chloe and I were just playing on our phones and I already texted Nick who's probably still asleep until she broke the ice.

"So, how is living the high-life, Reeses'Pieces?" Chloe moved over to where I was lying down and laid on her stomach.

Keeping Nick and I's relationship status off limits in the conversation, I told her pretty much everything and how awesome it was living across the Free Time house. I told her how it felt like I suddenly had brothers and how there isn't a dull moment with them.

The Free Time guys are actually well-known in the YouTube industry so of course Chloe knew about them. So she squealed when I said I see Jojo, her crush, almost everyday.

"That's so unfair!" Chloe pouted.

"Hold on, I know how I can make it up to you," I sad and sat up.

I decided to call Jojo from FaceTime and luckily he answered.

"Reese? Oh my gosh how are you? How's New York? Guys it's Reese! Nick's sleeping though," I laughed at how Jojo got excited and called everyone in the camera.

Anthony, Mike, Cenna, and Tal all came to say hello while Adi was out with Emily. Apparently everyone's busy filming their own videos except for Jojo so they were quick with their greetings and left Jojo and I to talk.

"So what's up? Why'd you call me?" He asked.

"Well, there's someone I'd like you to meet," I said and I motioned for Chloe to come over and her face was already beet red.

"This is Chloe, my partner for my channel," I said. I left my phone with Chloe after that but I didn't miss out on how Jojo was trying to act cool in front of Chloe when he's obviously smitten by her looks. Chloe is actually an Instagram model and one of my bestest friends. Luckily, moving to LA didn't drift us apart and we regularly talk also because we still work on our channel together.

I didn't bother to get my phone back from Chloe after I changed my clothes since they're still talking and I could tell they're having a blast so I just went ahead and fell asleep.