Chapter 3

Mamoru woke up when he heard the noise of a couple of loudly croaking ravens that flew past his window. He shook his head dizzily several times and rubbed his tired eyes.

What a crazy day it was when Kousagi took over the lead in his life.

The first of his conditions he set yesterday, she blew off a few minutes after he had told her. From her skirt pocket she pulled out a little white ball which looked like a cat head. When she threw it in the air and cried out „Artemis T - Transform!" a loud noise followed by a pink swath of smoke arose and a cheesy girly bed suddenly stood in his living room.

That was nearly freaking him out but somehow Mamoru managed to look completely unimpressed to her. Mainly because of the fact that in Kousagi's world, this trick seemed to be pretty normal. This was at least his impression he perceived when he watched her bouncing up and down excitingly on her new furniture.

Although Mamoru was rather the rational type, he had started to believe in magic. Particularly, when he heard the melody of the star locket, he didnt doubt that there indeed must be something beyond logic. Whilst the music was playing, he had the strong feeling that it transported a message which tried to reach out for him. Unfortunately he was not capable to understand the deeper meaning of it.

Kousagi, the owner of this wonderful treasure, seemed to know more about it but didn't make the impression to share the story of this little gem with him. Thus, Mamoru assumed that it would make sense to have her in his life for a while in order to unveil the secret behind it.

Mamoru got up and opened the door of his bedroom. He found the pinky haired girl still lying in her bed by snoring loudly. He decided to take a shower and then to escape silently. It was the first day of his new job so he didn't want to be late. Also, he preferred to have some time on his own in order to process all this crazy stuff which was currently interfering his life.

'Slow down of my life, my ass!'

He thought sourly while he was standing at the corner of a street, ready to cross the road over the pedestrian crosswalk. All of a sudden, a blonde pigtailed bun head clung on his right arm.

"Mamo-Chan" she purred while she was snuggling deeper in his arm.

"Wahhhh why do you scare me so much?!"

'Why does Odango Atama know my name anyway? She must be related to Kousagi, no doubt!'

Mamoru decided to confront her with one of his thoughts "Listen up! Why do you know my name anyway, Odango?!"

Instead of giving him an appropriate answer, she lifted up her eyes and glanced at him with an adoring expression on her face.

"Please, don't call me that, Mamo-Chan. My name is Usagi Tsukino, you know that."

"Errr no I didn't know that." That was a lie. He had heard Motoki calling her by her name many times in the Game Crown Center. Being honest now, would make the slight impression that he could be interested in this clumsy girl. Which he certainly was not.

Usagi looked back at him slightly confused and hence broke eye contact with him abruptly. Sadly she turned her blushing face away, still grabbing his arm possessively. Oddly enough, Mamoru felt guilty about his former behavior and tried to catch her gaze again.

"Hey why are you clinging so much? Are you not feeling well?"

From the other side of the street he heard a high voice yelling at the teenage girl. Something like "bottle him up for me!" a dark red haired girl screamed while she was waving hectically over to them.

'Oh my God, what happened to this world? Am I surrounded by insane teenagers who have nothing better to do than storming into my life?!'

"Please, not another crazy one!" He was rather shouting to himself while he tried to free his arm from the Odango. "Let me go, I have to go to work!"

He took his chance when Usagi relinquished her grip in astonishment and immediately crossed the street by running as fast as he could.

"Ohhh you work? Where?" She called after him excitingly.

„That is none of your business!" he gruffly returned over his shoulder and accelerated his pace. ‚I only can hope that she is not finding out.'

Mamoru had a slight feeling that his humble wish was not going to be granted.

It was late afternoon when he returned home. The job challenged him not really but was a nice distraction to what currently was happening in his life. Until he bumped into Usagi again. At work. As it had been a somehow welcomed constant encounter throughout the last couple of months, yet he was not happy to see her in a world which was supposed to be free of any bun heads and other crazy girls.

He sighed deeply and was pitying himself when he opened the door of his apartment. When he passed through the door, he spotted the - what he was sure of now - sister of Odango Usagi - in the living room sitting on his couch. Frowning deeply and having her arms crossed, she starred at him.

"You don't have any clue, do you?"

"Err what?" He didn't know what to say further to her as he was indeed clueless.

Kousagi sighed deeply. It was supposed to be a fun stay with her father's past self. Back at home again he would be unapproachable and always busy with reigning. When the idea came up that she might be granted to experience similar things as her older sister once in the past, she was so excited to see how life was to everyone when they were at her age.

Instead of going to her mother she made a conscious decision that she would like to stay with Mamoru. However, no one told her that he was suffering a quite annoying amnesia at the time they sent her back to. She was not even sure if he ever had met her mother. Thus, she had tried to get back his memory by presenting him the star locket but again, it didn't work as it should. Mamoru was still convinced that she was sort of a lunatic girl.

Thus, she stayed at his apartment the whole day overthinking again and again what she could do next in order to bring over to him that he indeed was somehow special to this world and to her as well.

When he passed through the door, she concluded that it wouldn't make much sense bothering him with his concealed past any longer but it would be better to help him to regain his memory by himself. Somehow.

‚Yeah, might be a suitable mission for my stay.'

Thus, she decided to switch the topic and kindly asked him „Sooo how was your first day at the new job?"

Slightly confused of the sudden change, Mamoru replied lamely „well, it was ok. Nothing special actually." He glanced around in surprise and finally questioned „Where is your bed?"

„Oh, well you know, Artemis T is back in my pocket. It's more convenient to have it stowed away throughout the day. Your apartment isn't that big and I do think your couch is pretty comfortable. However, I kind of got a little bored today, so I decided to make a plan for the upcoming days. You have university holidays and don't have to work every day, do you?"

‚This was dangerous terrain and wasn't leading into the right direction.' „Errrr, um, well" He pressed out.

„Perfect!" Kousagi clapped her hands together in full excitement. „We will start tomorrow by introducing me to you friends!"

Mamoru just rolled his eyes in reply. This was definitely not going into the right direction and would made his second condition irrelevant immediately.

,Stay out of my business...my ass!'