(Chapter 15) The night before the wedding.

"Nice of you guys to join us!" My mother said then kissed my forehead. "Hey mom," I said then hugged her and sat down. "Brayden aren't you gonna go say hi to your mom?" I said then he ignored me. He was busy texting someone, probably Mariana again. "Hey Ms. Kelly, the place looks amazing." I said then smiled, "Thank you sweetheart, could you possibly do me a favor? Make sure Brayden isn't on his phone all night. I know you guys aren't to found of each other, but it makes me look bad in front of my peers." Kelly whispered to me, "Oh um yeah of course." I said,

"Mom me and Colton are gonna go sit with his cousins." Landen said then they walked to the other side of the room. "Brayden you haven't said a word to your mom, why's that?" I said, he was about to answer but my mom cut him off. "Sweetie this is Noah, he's going to the same school as you. And well...you're single he is too, maybe...I don't know?" My mom said, "Listen mom about that I need to talk to you." I said, but she brushed me off. "I can't talk right now Leilani maybe after." She said then went off and started talking to someone else.

"So what made you choose UCLA?" Noah said, then I sat in the seat next to him. "They have an amazing Psychology program. And it was either that or Barry, the answer was obvious." I said then smiled, "That's cool I'm doing their Psychology program too." Noah said then smiled. "Hey Brayden glad you guys made it safe!" Karan said then held his hand out, but Brayden ignored him. "Hey Mr. Mohammed, are you nervous for tomorrow?" I asked then hugged him. "Maybe a little, but I'm also excited! I can't wait to marry Kelly the woman of my dreams." Karan said, then Brayden rolled his eyes.

"Just wait in a few months a different guy will be saying that." Brayden said then I glared at him. "Trust me I've got a good feeling about this. I can't wait to be a part of you and Colton lives." Karan said, then Brayden slammed his phone and and stormed out the ballroom. "I'll be right back, sorry about that." I said then left the room. "What are you doing out here?" Brayden said then sat down on one of the window seals.

"I could ask the same about you, what the hell was that?" I asked then sat next to him. "You wouldn't understand Leilani, just go back inside." Brayden said, I could tell he was hurting so I wasn't about to just leave him. "Try me," I said then held his hand tightly. "I'm just tired of going through the same shit over and over again! This is the third time my mom is getting fucking married. I'm sick of people coming and going out of my life. And if I feel like this it's probably even harder for Colton. Which is why I can't leave for collage, he needs a stable father figure in the house. And Karan isn't that person, so once again I have to step up and fill that role!" Brayden shouted,

"You don't know that just give him a chance!" I said, then Brayden took his hand out of mine and stood up. "That's just the thing I'm tired of giving changes, and of getting my hopes up. I'm just sick of it, I wish things were different." Brayden said then I hugged him, and he started sobbing into my arms. "Hey, it's gonna be ok I promise you. "How is it gonna be ok?" Brayden said then wiped his eyes.

"You just have to give Karan a chance, he's a really nice guy. He cares about your mom, and he wants to have a relationship with you and Colton. None of the guys in past past did, maybe he's different." I said then hugged Brayden tightly then kissed him. "Y..you're right I should give him a chance. Now I feel really bad for how I acted, I should go apologize." Brayden said, "I'm sure he'll forgive you, take a few minutes to get yourself together. And whenever you're ready you can come join the rest of us." I said then kissed Brayden once more, then went back in the ballroom.

"Alright, guys thank you all for coming! I know usually people do bachelor and bachelorette parties, the day before the wedding. But I wanted to switch things up, and throw this party the day before the wedding. So our families and friends can get to know each other more, and enjoy each other's company. So with that being said let's go ahead and eat this amazing food everyone!" Karan said then kissed Kelly.