chapter 12 Alex

I saw her fox, she was amazing but yet strange at the same time. She was not a normal fox her fur color was blotchy with white, red, black and hints of gray. Her fox was beautiful and strong, she was my height and I noticed that Maxwell or as she calls him max, looked at her with love, happiness but also sadness.

Max grabbed her night clothes and she took them from his hand and ran into the bathroom to change. I looked at my pack and saw curious looks and awe struck children. "Go back to your rooms, she will need her sleep after a two hour shift like that" I told them and they all seemed to fade away into their rooms.

"Maxwell you know the princess better then the rest of us if you ask questions she is more then likely going to tell you" I told him. He nodded and then the bathroom door opened and out stepped the princess in a cropped shirt and star covered pants. "Our mate is beautiful" my wolf told me and I agreed with him.

"Why would you keep your self from shifting, why would you cause your self so much pain!" Max asked and she gave us a sad smile.

"To keep myself safe" she said and max furrowed his brows at her "if I would of shifted with father he would of done something to me I know it. You know him how he treated me and I was not about to let my fox get hurt" she told him. "Your brothers would of-" she cut him off "no if they protected me they would of been hurt worse than me, I dont want them hurt I didnt want them to get hurt because of me. A little pain now is no problem" she told him and he sighed sadly not to happy about what she did.

And I would have to agree it was dangerous for her not to shift at the right time. "Let's get going max and let her sleep, we can talk about this tomorrow" I told him he signed but left without fighting and when we all said good night I went to my room.
🐾🌕🐾🌕🌕🐾🐾🌕🐾🌕🐾

The next morning max told me and axe my beta that Amaris was not in her room and that he smelled wolf inside and that it was not mine nor axe. And as if on que in walked Amaris with Jasmine my second greatest warrior in the pack.

Amaris laughed at something she said and when they both noticed we were there they both stopped in their tracks. "Where have you been?" Max asked calmly and I saw something in Amaris's eyes but then it was gone and her face was stone cold. "Jasmine came to ask if I wanted a tour of the pack so I gladly expected" she told him and i saw her eyes shifting from side to side.

"That's fine i told Jasmine to show her around i forgot to tell you max sorry about that" i said sounding calm and i guess when you act calm and people know you shouldn't be it scares the hell out people. Max seemed to calm down but axe and Jasmine seemed to back away like I was going to explode.

"Just next time, tell someone" I told them and Jasmine nodded her head as did my little mate. "Okay so lets eat and then we can take a walk, all of us and I'll show you where everything is" I told them. I was kinda pissed off that Jasmine took Amaris without asking but I did tell her to show her around so I guess it's kinda my fault.