-19-

CHAPTER NINETEEN | EVENTFUL EVENT

Zion's P.O.V.

Nari and I made our way on to the red carpet that was lined with dozens of paparazzi wanting to get a snap of the elites that were attending this event. With a glance around the red carpet, some of Grandiose County's top elites are here, including my parents.

"Who is the mystery man at the park," shouted a reporter, "are you in a relationship with him?"

"Will he be attending this event with you?" asked another.

"The two of you looked very close," another went on to ask, "will we be seeing more of him?"

"Now, you see why we should have come late," I said through a clinch smile, "I was trying to avoid this."

"But the good food would be gone by that time," Nari went on to say as she pulls me in the direction of the entrance of the venue, "we need to hurry, I didn't wear this dress for nothing."

Nari may have a model figure, but she can out-eat three grown men. She was the type that would get kicked out of an all you can eat diner for eating all she can eat. Her dress was only to hide her stomach after she ate all she could eat.

"Please remember to save some food for the other guy," I teased.

"Sure," she said with a smile as we entered the ballroom.

The music from the live band blended with the talking and laughter of the guests as they mingled. Servers balance trays of champagne while others made sure not a single glass was empty.

As usual, the guest wore tailored tuxedos and custom gowns. The jewelry and accessories they wore were all of the highest quality.

"Why are we here again," I asked Nari as we maneuver through the sea of people.

"For the food," she said with a smile as she leads the way to the buffet table, "we have to enjoy it while it's fresh."

In twenty minutes, Nari had finished her third plate of food. She is so clever and smooth with it that if you didn't keep your eyes on her, you would never know she ate so much.

"Is that all you're going to eat," Nari asked, looking over at me, "the food here is free, you have to pig out."

"So I have been told," I teased as I stare at the crowd.

I wasn't a huge fan of these events, even though it was for a good cause. The money raised at this event will go to the development of a new children's hospital. But other than that, this was just an event for Grandiose County's elite to show off their wealth.

"Well, don't you look nice,"  said a familiar voice, pulling me out of my thoughts.

Standing to my right was the man with the body of a god, draped in fabric of the highest quality. Though he was wearing a tuxedo, his muscular chest and arms were easily defined. He was oozing with confidence like always, yet there was something more alluring about him that I couldn't place a finger on.

"What are you doing here?" I asked as I stood up from my chair.

"Because of this," he pulled out an invitation from his inner suit pocket as he made his way over to me, "and didn't I tell you I would see you soon."

"I didn't think you meant this soon," I told him.

"You should at least know," he leads into my ear "I am a man of my word."

"I see," stepping away from him "and not to close."

"Why not," he closed the gap between us, "are you afraid of others seeing you with me."