-9-

CHAPTER NINE | A  QUICK MINGLE 
April 20
8:14 PM

Zion's P.O.V.

"Well, call me once you're home," Nari smile as she pokes her head out the passenger window "and make sure you have a good time."

"Are you trying to die, get back in the car," I shouted at the top of my lungs at her.

She quickly listens as the car turn on to another street. Part of me wanted to go to the charity event instead of going to this event by myself. I wasn't the type to like going to unfamiliar places alone, especially something like this.

I glance over my shoulder at the restaurant, which is the venue of Mrs. Alicia's little mingling event. She told me that I was very compatible with a very elite client of hers and wanted me to meet them here. But I was having second thoughts about this since I have never done anything like this before.

"Maybe I should of went with Nari," I suggested as I made my way towards the entrance of the restaurant.

I showed the invite that Mrs. Alicia gave me to the security guard near the front before he allowed me to enter. Inside, I could hear the chatter and laughter of people. I followed the noise to a large room that was decorated for this event. Everything in the place shouted rich.

"What am I doing here?" I made my way over to the table in the corner, away from everyone "I would rather be eating ice cream and watching tv."

I watch as a group of people mingling amongst each other, laughing and drinking. They were all dressed in formal attire, I knew some of the brands they were wearing, and they weren't cheap. This leads me to believe they come from money or had decent careers.

"Wait a minute..." I pause As I watch the crowd closing, I notice something, "why is there mainly females here?"

There were at least twenty women here, compared to the four men that were talking amongst themselves. I knew this was some mingling event put together by Alicia for her clients, but why there mainly females here.

"I could go for some ice cream right now," I told myself as the craving for ice cream became stronger.

"Well," the familiar deep, thick accent voice pulls me out of my thoughts and my attention away from the crowd "if it isn't, Touch my body."

"Mr. Sultan," I quickly should up, shocked to see him here, "what are you doing here?"

"Mrs. Alicia invited me," he sat in the chair next to the one I sat in and gesturing for me to seat "care to join me," he asked me with a smirked that made my heart skip a beat and a cold chilled ran down my spine.

"S-sure," I uttered out as I took my seat.

"So, you a client of Mrs. Alicia too?"

I could only nod.

"Thanks again," he said with a smile.

"Pardon?"

"For the suit," he gestures to the suit I picked out for him hours ago, "some of the ladies here seem to like it."

"They seem to be waiting on you," I pointed out when I notice a few of them staring in our direction, "you shouldn't have them waiting."

"They can wait," he suddenly slides his chair closer to me "I want to talk to you."

"Why?" I quickly put some space between him and me, "do you normally hit on guys?"

"No," he moves closer to me again "I normally don't hit on guys."